Friday, May 26, 2023

Ava Walker Visits Section 36!

Photo: Jonathan Adams
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Ava Walker is passionate about supporting camps, and the current Miss Green Mountains' Teen. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Ava Walker visits Section 36!

What made you decide to compete for the Miss Vermont’s Teen crown?

I decided to compete for Miss Vermonts Teen for the sole reason of the scholarships at the beginning. I shortly realized that it’s SO MUCH MORE than that. It’s the sisterhood, and mainly the service that I have loved. 


What is your favorite memory from the recent Miss Vermont’s Teen competition?

My Favorite memory from Miss Vermonts Teen weekend was my talent on stage, but offstage I would have to say hanging with the girls. There are only a few advantages Vermont gives us, and one is having Miss Vermont and Teen weekend in one. I was able to become so close to not only the teens, but the Amazing Misses!


What has been the biggest surprise about your time as Miss Green Mountain’s Teen?

My biggest surprise as Miss Green Mountains Teen was to meet my Miss Yamuna. In Vermont, since it’s such a small but beautiful state, I was able to choose my title, and I chose Miss Green Mountains Teen, since it resembles me best. I met Yamuna and I knew she was giving the girls a real run for their money(all of them did!!) and Yamuna won!! I cried, I have to admit!


How did you select your CSI?

I selected my CSI Happy Campers: To allow kids with cancer to go to summer camp; because I have grown up going to summer camp, and also cancer runs in my family unfortunately. I wouldn’t have the life I have without camp, as I am fortunate to go every summer, which some kids are not as lucky. With my CSI, I have created Avas Ribbons which are childhood cancer ribbons for a dollar a piece. All money is going to Camp Ta-Kum-Ta. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be a Disney character for a week, I would 100% choose Rapunzel. Tangled is my favorite Disney movie, right behind Dumbo and Bambi are close seconds. I would also love to have her long amazing hair!! 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play at Fenway, who would you take with you? Why?

If I had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox, I would bring my best friend Emily. She is actually the person who got me somewhat interested in baseball and almost forced me to do the competition!


---


That sounds like fun to me!

As always, I want to thank Ava for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Ava during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Ava!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week