Friday, May 12, 2023

Aly Faria Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Aly Faria is passionate about genetic disorder awareness, and the current Miss Sacramento County's Teen. I was so glad she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Aly Faria visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Sacramento County’s Teen crown?

I went to In-and-Out with my friends and family. After a thrilling but exhausting night, all I wanted was to spend time with the people I love and eat… it was a win-win!!


What part of the upcoming Miss California’s Teen competition are you most nervous about?

For Miss California's Teen, I am most nervous about onstage conversation. While interview is my favorite part, this feels a million times more nerve wracking as it’s in front of all the people I care about. This is definitely what I’m practicing the most.


What has been the biggest surprise about your time as Miss Sacramento County’s Teen?

What I am most surprised about is all the opportunities I’m having through this!! I have made so many connections in just a few months, it’s incredible how much I’ve been able to do. I have participated in so many nonprofit fundraisers and had so many chances to preform- I’m so grateful for all the things I’ve been able to do so far, and looking forward for many to come!


How did you select your CSI, “Spreading Awareness of Genetic Disorders”?

I selected my Social Service initiative “Spreading Awareness of Genetic Disorders” because of my family’s genetic disorder, Huntington’s disease. I grew up in a household where I was lucky enough to know a lot about this disease, my family is part of many studies and understands what HD is. People who are different were never ostracized in my family, but that’s not the case for everyone. Often, people don’t know how to handle others who are different, whether it’s mentally or physically. We cannot hold it against people who don’t understand- all we can do is teach them how to be better, kinder, and more understanding. That is what I’m trying to do; teach the people who don’t know, and help them understand. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be any Disney character, it would have to be Rupunzel. My favorite Disney princess lives an amazing life- she has a kind family, an amazing husband, and some very interesting pets. Dancing, painting, and reading all day in a beautiful island kingdom sounds like an amazing life.


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play the A’s, who would you take with you? Why?

If I had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox, I would have to take my dad. I play soccer, and that is the only sport that I really understand. Not only is it a stadium he very much wants to visit, I can’t think of another person who would take the time to explain everything that happens to me throughout the game, and still enjoy themselves. We would have a great time!


---


That does sound like the perfect combination!

As always, I want to thank Aly for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss California's Teen! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Aly during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Aly, and good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week