Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Brianna Cross Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Brianna Cross is passionate about second chances, a future investigator, and the current Miss Carson City. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Brianna Cross visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Carson City crown?

Nevada is an open competition state meaning I did not have to compete for my local title! I met the requirements and was graced with this platform. Definitely cried happy tears when I received my first ever title as my hometown!


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Carson City?

During my reign as Miss Carson City the biggest thing I’ve worked toward accomplishing is turning my project into a non profit to benefit recovering addicts. “The B.A.R.R. Foundation” will take off and work towards a cleaner and healthier state.


What has been the most pleasant surprise about your time as Miss Carson City? 

Going into this I didn’t know what to expect, by far the most pleasant surprise has been becoming best friends with all of the other local titleholders. We’re such a close group of friends I wouldn’t want it any other way. 


How did you select your community service initiative, “Raise the B.A.R.R.”?

Before I was born both of my parents were drug addicts and dealers. If they didn’t receive help I would not be here. Everyone deserves a second and better chance at life, and I want to be someone to assist with that process. 


How would you complete the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when…”?

“I get great satisfaction when I am able to spend quality time with my friends and family outside of my community service.”


You’re working towards a career in law. What drew you to that field?

Criminal justice is something that I’ve always been passionate about. Being a victim of a few crimes myself and never receiving justice, I want to make sure that doesn’t happen to anyone else. Every person deserves justice in some form. My ultimate goal is to work for the Nevada Department of Investigation, where I’d be gifted the opportunity to catch crimes before they are committed. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I’d have to choose Rapunzel from Tangled. Despite her being held in captivity almost her whole life, when she gets out she has this stunning outlook on the world. Even though she was met by consistent negativity in her situation she only saw the good and the beautiful in the world when she escaped. 


If you had an extra ticket to see a Reno Aces baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

The extra ticket would go to my sister. Nicole is my best friend and my true inspiration, I take her everywhere I can. She’s done nothing but love and support me in all of my endeavors, the least I can do is take her to a game. 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

Recently at an Aces game I was pulled to play one of the games that happen between innings. I’d love to be able to do that again. 


---

Those games do always look like a lot of fun!

As always, I want to thank Brianna for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Nevada! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Brianna during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Brianna, and good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week