Tuesday, May 16, 2023

2022 Topps Opening Day Blaster!

Yup. I had another blaster of this lying around. I know. Moster hits won't be there. Mediocre hits might not be there. But, a nice average generic hit? Those probably won't be there. But, sometimes I just want to open lots and lots of cards. And, this definitely serves that purpose. 

Let's see how this one went!


OK. So maybe there are autographs or relics in here. Maybe. I don't know if I've ever seen one though.


Just look at all these packs. Every time I see this stack, I wonder what makes these cards so inexpensive. What costs go into the flagship set that aren't needed here. Are the real hits that expensive? Is there something in the production process? Or is it simply the fact that Topps "can" charge more for flagship?


Starting off with a retired player. I'm guessing he wasn't on the Opening Day roster.


I think I've seen this card before. Seems more whitewashed than I remember.


I don't know about Dalbec's status as "future star".


It's always fun to add a Wally card to the growing collection.


And rookie cards are always welcomed as well.


I don't really need this card and its confusing overhead shot of Fenway.


Nor do I need this card of a deserter. 


However, if this guy continues his resurgence, I'll consider keeping it.

And there you have it. Quite a few Sox, but with so many packs that was probably expected. And, also as expected, there was nothing to write home about. Even though I was actively looking for one of those autographs they warned me about. But, it was still plenty of fun.

Did your box do any better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week