Friday, May 5, 2023

Parker Sterling Visits Section 36!

Cori Lynn Photography
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Parker Sterling is passionate about fighting body shaming, and the current Miss Randolph County's Teen. I was so glad she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Parker Sterling visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Randolph County’s Teen crown?

I actually celebrated after the Miss Randolph County pageant by convincing my whole committee to go to Waffle House with me!


What part of the upcoming Miss North Carolina’s Teen competition are you most nervous about?

I am most nervous about talent, as I will be dancing on a new type of staging.


What has been the biggest surprise about your time as Miss Randolph County’s Teen?

The biggest surprise that has come along with the title is the connections it has given me. I have made numerous friends and have had countless opportunities to speak about my CSI, The B.O.D.Y. Project!


How did you select your CSI, “The Body Project”?

My CSI, The B.O.D.Y. Project was something I started in 2020 as a way to combat the growing pressures on our youth. Experiencing body shaming in dance and watching my friends struggle with “beauty standards” was my final straw in waiting for someone else to start the change. I saw a need for a spokesperson, and decided I could no longer wait, so I stepped up to the plate.


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would love to be Merida for a week. I think archery is so cool and want to try it. I also think the castle she lives in and the surrounding forest is beyond beautiful.


If you had an extra ticket to see a Greenville Drive baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my brother without a doubt. He is an avid baseball fan and former player. Another plus is that he would 100% buy me a slushie!


---


OK. Now I want to take her brother to a game too!

As always, I want to thank Parker for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss North Carolina's Teen! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Parker during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. You should also visit her CSI's Instagram as well. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Parker, and good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week