Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Morgan Mohler Visits Section 36!

K. Stewart Photography
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Morgan Mohler is passionate about overcoming adversity, a clinical researcher, and the current Miss St. Croix Valley. I was so glad she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Morgan Mohler visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss St. Croix Valley crown?

I was in shock for a few days. I had been competing for the past two years, and it had been a long road of failure/growth, rejection, and self-reflection. All I wanted to do that day was my very best. At the end of the competition, I knew I had left it all on the table and what was meant to be, would be. 


When my name was called, I felt an immediate wave of relief. I had actually won. I felt validated having put in hours upon hours of work, thought, and dedication to earn this position within the Miss America Organization (MAO). My dream had come true. 


That night, only my boyfriend (Zach) and his father (Mark) were able to make it to the competition to witness my crowning moment in-person, so I spent most of the car ride home calling those who couldn’t make it the good news. I laid in my bed that night in disbelief of what had happened just hours before; so much so that I kept sitting up in my bed making sure the crown box was still there. It was finally setting in that this was the beginning of a beautiful, revealing, long-anticipated journey. 


What has been the most pleasant surprise about your time as Miss St. Croix Valley?

I have been pleasantly surprised with how engaged people are when talking about MAO and Miss Minnesota. I am unbelievably proud to have been trusted with the ability to facilitate interest in what MAO is. I can feel the instantaneous respect and support from everyone. It’s nothing I have ever experienced before. 


What did you learn about yourself at the St. Croix Valley competition that will help you at Miss Minnesota?

I’ve learned so much about myself competing in the Miss America Organization. One of those lessons I am continuously working on going to Miss Minnesota is focusing on the right “lead indicators”. At my last local competition, I wasn’t attached to winning per say - my goal was to do my very best in all aspects of competition: interview, talent, onstage pitch/question, evening gown. This, I believe, was the golden ticket for my success. 


It happens so often in life, not just MAO competition, that we get caught up in the goal at the end of the road instead of focusing on what we need to do along the road to earn the goal. For example, you can’t catch a big fish when you don’t know how to bait a hook. To earn success, we have to put our energy where it needs to go (into the intermediate steps) for the result to fall in our favor. 


How did you select your community service initiative, “Living L.I.F.E. Limitless”?

Everyone says that college is supposed to contain the best four years of your life… but within the first year of my college career, I endured close family losses, physical setbacks, and severe anxiety. Eventually, I sought the help I needed to now be anxiety-managed as I like to call it.  


After being able to find success despite these adverse situations, I found my purpose in teaching others how to overcome adversity and choose success. I began my pursuit of a title within MAO and created Living LIFE Limitless. My efforts encourage others who are feeling lost to flip the script and decide they were made for more and can accomplish all they set out to. As Miss St. Croix Valley, my mission is to teach others how to achieve their dreams and goals no matter the circumstance(s).


You are currently working as an associate clinical research coordinator at Mayo Clinic Rochester. What drew you to that field?

I have always loved solving problems and grasping at straws to make something more efficient. When looking at careers, I discovered research coordination - something I didn’t know existed. As soon as I started, I was astounded with how perfectly my new job fit into my natural skills of leadership, adaptation, and communication. Being a coordinator has given me the opportunity to offer my patients, real humans vs samples, a glimmer of hope moving forward in life while navigating their diagnoses which is exactly where I am meant to be. 


What is your personal fitness routine?

Lifting weights is my bread and butter! I cannot keep up with cardio/dance to save my life, but I love a good muscle workout. I also love to mix in walking, traveling, playing beach volleyball, fishing, hitting softballs in the park, and swimming for fun. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Sven from Frozen, 100%. I cannot describe the sheer accuracy this character has when comparing the way he lives to how I live. We both express all of our emotions fully on our faces - seriously, I wasn’t upset wearing a mask because I saved myself a lot of trouble. We both also get pulled into crazy adventures, but we love every minute of spending time with our friends. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Brewers play the Twins, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take one of my little cousins because they are being raised as Cubs fans which is unacceptable in this land. 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I would love to sit in the dugout during the game! I played softball for 11 years, and my favorite part was running back into the dugout to high five my teammates after a quick 3 up, 3 down inning. It is such an unmatched environment living through literally all the emotions in a few short hours, & I would love to experience that in the big leagues. 


---


Yup. That would be a pretty amazing experience.

As always, I want to thank Morgan for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Minnesota! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Morgan during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. You should also visit her milkshake. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Morgan, and good luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week