Friday, September 22, 2023

Mina Smith Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Mina Smith is passionate about Loving Your Neighbor, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Northern Vermont's Teen. I was so thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.
 
So, let's see what happens when Mina Smith visits Section 36!

What made you decide to compete for the Miss Vermont’s Teen crown as Miss Northern Vermont’s Teen?

I hoped to learn about the sisterhood, gain confidence, try something new, and make an impact on people in my state and my area by showing ways to Love Your Neighbor. I live in the northern area of Vermont near Lake Champlain and Burlington, my stepdad is from a small town called Cambridge bordering Stowe also in northern Vermont, and I love the beautiful mountains, waterfalls, and rivers in the north and all of Vermont!  


What is something that Ginger Ragaishis is doing as Miss Vermont’s Teen that you would like to emulate?

I have a slight learning disability, really really appreciate my IEP teachers, and love that Ginger has made me and others feel more comfortable talking about our learning disabilities. 


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy about performing on stage?

I love to show my emotions through dance, because I am somewhat shy, and it helps my confidence a lot. I don’t feel as anxious or stressed from anything I might be going through when I’m dancing. I think it’s a great art for healing, and happiness! I started as a ballet dancer, took 3 years of figure skating, and started lyrical dancing when I was living in Hawaii. I’m an advocate for Dance Hope Cure now too which combines dance with childhood cancer awareness!


How did you select your CSI, “Love Your Neighbor”?

I am a Christian, wanted to show others not to judge, that I love everyone, and that we can make a change by really Loving Our Neighbors from all walks of life, regardless of beliefs, background, social status, or pronouns used. I feel God meets everyone where they are at, and that everyone deserves love and support! 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would love to be Cruella de Vil from the movie Cruella, because she had an amazing fashion sense, was daring, courageous, fun, and really loved the woman who cared for her even though it turned out to not be her real mom. She fought for her mother figure! 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you would especially like to experience?

I would really like to throw the first pitch, because I’ve been told I can throw well, I think it would be so much fun, and I could show everyone that a girl who doesn’t play softball can get out there and throw a ball. I love when the players hit a home run, and when the mascot dances and gets everyone cheering! 


---

A first pitch would definitely be a fun experience.

As always, I want to thank Mina for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Mina during her time as Miss Northern Vermont's Teen. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. 
It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 

You should also check out a couple of Mina's partnerships through her non-profit Love Your Neighbor VT. This first is with Fogbuster Coffee where proceeds from special LYN blends will go to her non-profit. The other is with her Dance Hope Cure Campaign partnering with Arms Wide Open Childhood Cancer Foundation. You'll absolutely want to check those out, and support them if you can.


Thanks again Mina, and good luck in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week