Friday, September 15, 2023

Mia Daley Visits Section 36!

Photo: David Gagnon
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Mia Daley is passionate about social emotional learning, and the current Miss Rhode Island's Teen. I was so thrilled she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Mia Daley visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Rhode Island’s Teen crown?

When I first heard my name called as Miss Rhode Island’s Teen, at first I thought wait is this real life? As the crown and sash was put on my head the first thing I did was point to my family and friends. I was crying thinking oh my goodness I did it, it was my third year competing and to know that I actually did it. I went home put my phone down and celebrated with my friends and family taking the time to thank them for everything that they have done for me for the past years 


How did you select your community service initiative: The Anxiety Antidote?

My community service initiative, the anxiety antidote the power of social emotional learning is very near and dear to my heart. As someone who has had their own struggle with anxiety I wanted others to understand they are not alone with their own personal struggles. The power of social-emotional learning is something very near and dear to me as I am a firm believer in the practice of Social and emotional learning. In the past years I have been honored to have raised close to 7,000 for SEL, and hope to raise more to benefit more organizations involving SEL.


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Rhode Island’s Teen?

As Miss Rhode Island’s Teen I hope to accomplish the goal of having this job the best of my ability. I hope to further my social impact initiative, further this organization and get more young teens involved in this organization. My life changed overnight by having  this job and I want another girl to have the same opportunity. My goal is to have over 20 girls compete in this organization in 2024. 


As a talented singer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I have been performing since age 6, Theater has always been my home. In my past years of performing I have performed in over 65 productions and counting! When I hit the stage, I truly feel at home and hope to become a professional performer, someday working in New York City. Thanks to the Miss America opportunity, they have given me the chance to perform on a national stage! 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would love to be Ariel for a week! As Miss Rhode Island’s Teen, I am from the ocean State, and that has a very near and dear placed my heart. I have always loved the ocean ever since I was little. The beach truly has a special place in my heart. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play at Fenway, who would you take with you? Why?

If I had an extra ticket to a baseball game I would take my wonderful Miss Rhode Island Caroline! Caroline is such an amazing role model, and I’m so blessed to have her as my big sister for the year! Already in my month of service I have such had such a wonderful time spending it with her.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I would love to have the opportunity to sing at a Red Sox game, it has always and will forever be a dream of mine to have that opportunity!


---


I hope she gets that chance!

As always, I want to thank Mia for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America's Teen! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Mia during her journey. You should definitely check out her title's Instagram account as well its website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything.


Thanks again Mia, and good luck!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week