Monday, March 20, 2023

2023 Topps Series One Blaster!

More Cards! Yup. It's another blaster of 2023 Topps Series One! I don't know about you, but I'm having trouble shaking the shopping mentality from the pandemic shortages when it comes to buying cards. I still feel like if I see blasters in the wild, I should buy a bunch because you never know when they'll show up again. So, I bought a couple of these right away. I know. By now I should realize that they'll be around. Especially the Topps flagship. But, I just can't help myself. So, we're opening another box.

How did this box go? Let's find out!



I'm just now noticing that the design of the box mimics the design of the cards. Am I the only one who didn't realize that right away?


And the same thing with the packs. Very well done.


My first impression is the "future star" may be generous when talking about Duran. But, he's apparently been playing better this spring, and might just earn a bigger role with the Sox than I might have expected. No a huge fan of the "Future Stars" banner here. Seems like an afterthought in the design


A nice Sox rookie here. Like how the red jersey works with the card design.


Speaking of future stars, here's a nice RC of Brayan Bello. If he's as good as most people think, this will be a key card from this box.


Ditto. Not a bad box if you're going to get the RC of two Red Sox supposedly can't miss stars. No complaints here.


Not a future star. Or a Red Sox.


Ditto. 


My goodness these Stars of MLB cards are hideous. They were a terrible forced set last year, and Topps, for some reason, decided to continue it through to this year. I don't get it at all. At least Devers is definitely a Star of MLB.

And there you have it. It was basically a Red Sox hot box, grabbing the top to Sox base cards. Not a bad haul at all.

How did your box go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week