Wednesday, March 15, 2023

2021 Topps Big League Orange Alex Verdugo

 This week is MS Awareness Week. As as attempt to try to help raise multiple sclerosis awareness, I thought I'd contribute a couple "orange" themed posts this week. Here's the second one.

Let's talk about this card...



I, along with the rest of Red Sox Nation, keep waiting for the breakout season from Verdugo. While he's certainly been a quality player for the Sox, he seems like he's just on the cusp of being an all-star. Maybe this is the season it all gets put together. Especially if he wants that extension!

Like I said with Sale, the Big League set itself is a little confusing to me. Was there a huge demand for a cheap little fun set beyond Opening Day? What makes this set "cheaper" or "more fun" than flagship? And, from Topps's perspective, how is this cheaper? Easier to make without all the 1 of 1s? If that's the case, I'll gladly forgo those in flagship if it means a cheaper product. After all, the base set should be the ones kids go after anyway.

---

If you are able, I highly recommend you support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society's efforts with a donation. You can find the link here.

Support their efforts to help change the world for people with MS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week