Friday, March 10, 2023

Shyama Bhatt Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Shyama Bhatt is passionate a healthy lifestyle, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Rockville. I was so glad she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Shyama Bhatt visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Rockville crown?
I went out to brunch with my friends the next day and FaceTimed my family since they live in Chicago!

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Rockville?
My biggest goal is encourage Indian American women to compete for Miss America and spread knowledge regarding my Community Service Initiative: Project Health which focuses around preventive medicine!

What part of the upcoming Miss Maryland competition are you most nervous about?
Fitness, it’s a new section so I don’t know what to expect.

How did you select your social impact initiative, “Project Health”?
I am currently doing a fellowship at the National Institutes of Health under the Surgical Neurology Branch and I have noticed a lot of patients come in after severe disease progression. I hope to raise awareness about the resources available and healthy lifestyle practices.

You performa traditional garba dance. What is your favorite part about presenting that on stage?
I am so excited to showcase my culture and highlight the balance of being an Indian American female!

You are currently doing a fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in the surgical neurosurgery branch. What drew you to that field?
Neurosurgical procedures allows patients to regain the ability to walk, talk and take charge of their lives. I’m absolutely fascinated by the brain and its mechanisms.

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?
I would want to be Jasmine. She is always the character I felt closest to growing up!

If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play the Orioles, who would you take with you? Why?
I would take my grandpa! He loves baseball so I’m sure he would have a great time!

Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?
I would love to throw the first pitch however, I’m not sure how good of a throw it would be!

---

If you ask me, every first pitch is a good first pitch! 

As always, I want to thank Shyama for visiting with us, and for sending along the picture to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Maryland! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Shyama during her journey as Miss River Valley. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Shyama, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week