Monday, March 6, 2023

2022 Topps Chrome Blaster

I thought it would be fun to open up one of these again. Pretty sure I've had this one sitting around for a while, so I bought it before they announced the buyback program. Which means I really overpaid for the box at the time. And probably still did. But, I can't help myself. The shiny just calls to me.

Should I have hung up...?



Looks like Topps picked the wrong rookie to gamble on.


He's on all the packs too.


A nice shiny card of JD Martinez. All the chrome and white uniform really gives this a monochromatic metallic look. It's not bad.


Hopefully Duran can live up to his promise this season, and make this card a key pull of the box.


Another former Red Sox. This time a fancy sepia version. These parallels don't really do anything for me. An old timey looking chrome card is definitely a look.


The extra color on this card really contrasts with the Martinez one. Interesting how subtle changes can affect the whole feel of the card.

And that's it. I suppose with so few cards in the box, I really can't complain about four Red Sox including a rookie, an insert, and a parallel. But, maybe that's the problem. I got this hot mess and should really be pleased.

How did your box go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week