Thursday, March 16, 2023

2022 Topps Stadium Club Blaster!

Doesn't look like I've opened any of this yet. Hopefully you're not all tired of it by now. I've always enjoyed the Stadium Club brand from the very first set. I love the way it lets the pictures speak for themselves and doesn't try to overdo it. It just presents the photo, and makes the needed information as unobtrusive as possible. It's a beautiful set. How did this box go?

Let's find out!


Here's the box. Always amazed that Alonso doesn't get more hobby love. I mean, he's an all-star playing in NY who has hit more HR than Aaron Judge the last four years. What's going on there?

 
At least he's on all the packs.


While this photo of Fisk isn't really anything special, the graphics of the set let it live life to its fullest. Normally I'd complain about the name being in foil. But, unlike the flagship set, the player info isn't the important part here. If you can't figure out who the player is, it's there. But if you can it disappears. 


The uniforms are still hideous, but this picture of Verdugo makes them seem a little less so.


A nice action shot of Wong here. I think I actually like the tight cropping in this case, even if it means losing his hand. I like how he really fills the shot as opposed to getting a lot of crowd behind him. 

And there we have it. Three Red Sox cards, and nothing to get too excited about. 

How did your box go?








2 comments:

  1. I only pulled one Red Sox card in my box, but it was a good one - David Ortiz!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week