Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Check out My (Pedro) Cards!

Not long ago I mentioned that I decided it was finally time to request another shipment from COMC. I previously showed off the baseball cards from the shipment...except for the Pedro cards! Whenever I have a shipment pulling together, I always try to add a few Pedro cards for the PC. With so many Pedro cards out there, it's easy to find plenty I on't have. This seems like a good way to add to the collection. What's I get this time?

Let's have a look, shall we?


A couple fancy card with the Finest and the Gold Label. I like the look of the Gold Label that year. It's very elegant without going over the top, which is a flaw I think the Finest has.


Of course the problem with so many Pedro cards out there is that with all the sets and insert sets, I have a hard time keeping track of what's what. These seem pretty straight forward, though. The Gallery one I can go back and forth on. I guess it's a pretty elegant shot for a "gallery". But it still seems a bit out of place for the theme. Safe to say Leaf got it right adding him to a "stars" set.


A bunch of fairly non-descript cars here. The Topps 205 is probably the best of the bunch.


And more! For some reason the feel of this Gallery card makes more sense to me, even if the actual picture is much worse. Am I the only one who thinks that? Another Bowman's Best, but with a diamond instead of a circle. See? Variety!


And another Topps Gold Label! The border on the bottom detracts from the design for me. But, of the three fancy cards in this pic, it's still my favorite.


OK. What the heck is this mess? Topps Moments and Milestones? Does anyone collect these things? So, they picked a milestone. Is this case, it was Pedro's 313 strikeouts in 1999. They then made 313 cards of Pedro in the set, one for each strikeout. But, the only difference is the number. So, is the plan for me to actually complete the 313 card set? How boring would that binder be? Oh, and each card is serial numbered to 150. So, only 150 people can complete the Pedro set. Well, 150 minus 1 since they can't have these.


Or, these.


Or these. OK. So I may have gone overboard with these. Although, I'm now 3% of the way towards completing the Pedro set! Maybe I should try to complete the whole set numbered #36/150?

So, there you have it. The latest additions to my Pedro collection.

Do you have a favorite?

3 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with Pedro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of the Topps Gold Label cards. The one with Randy Johnson is cool too. He towers over Pedro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Gold Label sets. I actually got my hands on some sets today and look so good in hand.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week