Friday, July 1, 2022

Elizabeth Hallal Visits Section 36!

Photo: Tyler Zoller
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Elizabeth Hallal is passionate about the arts, a talented singer, and the current Miss Indiana. I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Elizabeth Hallal visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Indiana crown?

The very first thing I did was have a pizza party with some of the former state titleholders and a few of the board members. It was so much fun, and I felt instantly welcomed into our crazy little family.


What is something that Braxton Hiser did as Miss Indiana that you would like to repeat or expand on?

Braxton excelled at always showing up her best! Whether you ran into her at a local pageant, community appearance, or just on the street, she greeted you with a warm smile. Braxton’s heart always shines through; this is such an important trait for a titleholder and something I strive to achieve as well!


What part of the upcoming Miss America competition are you most nervous about?

I hope I am able to capture the welcoming energy of the Hoosier spirit, as I wear “Indiana” across my chest. I would definitely say there is pressure associated with representing your state on the Miss America stage - and of course, I don’t want to let anyone down - but I feel prepared and excited for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!


How did you select your social impact initiative, “The Triple A Project”?

Growing up financially insecure, I wasn’t always sure that I would have access to artistic opportunities, but I had always dreamt of performing! If it were not for the generosity of local artists, I would not have found my home in the theatre, as dance classes, voice lessons, and other artistic training experiences can get pretty expensive. The Triple A Project is all about making these opportunities more available to anyone, regardless of their age, ability, or socioeconomic status!


As a talented singer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I love getting to take the audience on a journey through song! I think music is such an important tool for storytelling, as it can convey not only emotion, but also various elements of the world of the story! 


You’re currently studying for your BFA in Musical Theatre. Where do you see that taking you?

My dream is to perform on Broadway! I think it would be wicked awesome (pun intended… “Defying Gravity” was my talent song) to join a national tour and get to travel the country while doing what I love. I plan to start my own voice studio after my graduation in 2023, and eventually, I hope to teach voice lessons at a collegiate level to train future generations to take the stage.


If you could be a Disney Character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Photo Tyler Zoller
Queen Clarisse from Princess Diaries (played by the one and only Julie Andrews). From my favorite movie growing up, I think Clarisse is not only classy but a super strong woman who has a seriously rocking wardrobe! 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Fort Wayne TinCaps play the South Bend Cubs, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my uncle, Tom! Tom is a well-rounded athlete who not only introduced me to the sport of baseball, but also always encourages me to follow my dreams. A 13-time Ironman triathlete going to the Kona World Championships in October, he taught me that “anything is possible!” Although I don’t play any myself, sports have always been something he and I have been able to bond over.


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience ?

The opportunity to throw the first pitch at a game would be really awesome! Any Indiana teams that want a state titleholder at their games, let me know. 



---

Hope she can find some takers! 

As always, I want to thank Elizabeth for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Elizabeth continues her time as Miss Indiana, I encourage you to follow her title's Instagram her personal Instagram,and the Instagram for her SII. You should also check out the official Miss Indiana website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown this winter. It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Elizabeth, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week