Thursday, July 7, 2022

Check out My (new) Cards!

It's been a few months, so I decided it was finally time to request another shipment from COMC. Usually I buy cards, list them for resale at a way to high price and then when the stack is big enough I request shipment. The pile had reached the point where I wanted them in my hands. So, I requested shipment. The baseball ones can be seen below. 

Let's have a look, shall we?


Notice I said "baseball" and not "Red Sox"? I figured it was time I had one of these in my collection. Unlike the Griffey from last time, I've never owned one of these before. Now I do.


Decided I should have one of these too. Actually bought and sold a couple others as I decided this nice on-card signature is the one I wanted. Always nice to grab fun cards of young Red Sox stars.


Picked up a couple Dalbec RC as well. I was on a bit of a run where I wanted to stock up on these rising Red Sox stars before it was too late. So, a cheap Houck auto and a couple cheap Dalbec rookies were needed.


Along those lines, picked up a few Houck parallels while they were cheap. Or, maybe they still are. I dunno. But they can be hard to locate sometimes so it was nice to be able to grab a few.


And Whitlock too! Obviously bought these before he was hurt, and while he was still in the rotation. But, still glad to have these. 


And this one too. Remember when I mentioned my strategy of buying cards, then pricing them high while waiting to ship? I bought one of his other RC autos in April for $6, and priced it at $20 to let it sit. Next night Whitlock makes his first start, dominates, and the card sells for the $20. So, great, that's a nice profit. But...I actually wanted a Whitlock auto. Seems stupid to buy back the one I sold, so I was able to get this better one. For basically the initial $6. So I guess it all worked out.

And there they are! Lots of prospecting this time. Hope it works out.

Do you have a favorite card from the lot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week