Tuesday, July 12, 2022

2022 Topps Heritage Blaster!

The Heritage brand comes and goes for me. On the one hand, I like the classic designs. I've said that some of my favorite insert sets from the last few years are the throwback designs...even the 1987s. But, with so much history to choose from, it's annoying that the same designs keep getting used over and over. How hard would it be to have Heritage plod along in the seventies...Archives can be one set from the 90s, 00s, 10s, and the insert sets from the 50s, 60s, and 80s. Heck, they can all be the threes. So, 73 for Heritage. Archives can have 93, 03, and 13, while you can have inserts sets from 53, 63, and 83. That way each design is only used every ten years. That could work.

But, I digress. How about this pack of Heritage showing the 1973 design? Let's see how it went.


As always, the box.


And the packs. Including one featuring a couple Sox in the design. Does that mean I need to keep an unopened pack as a Red Sox collectible? I mean I didn't...yet.


Nice rookie card of Wong. Seems like a catcher should have catchers gear in the photo. It's the one chance to mis up the portrait shots. But, I guess the bat on shoulder look works. Again.


Another rookie from the Sox. Of course, this card shows catcher's gear in the shot.


And this one of crafty veteran Rich Hill. I really like the positional silhouettes in this design. They're a fun way to add just enough visual interest to the card front without going too crazy. 

And there are all the Red Sox. What do you think?

How did your blaster go?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week