Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Mackenzie Kern Visits Section 36!

Carlos Velez
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Mackenzie Kern is passionate about mental health, a business owner, and the current Miss Wyoming. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Mackenzie Kern visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Wyoming crown?

My family was there and I am very big on being able to go to dinner to celebrate after winning. I love being surrounded by the people I love and who have truly supported me in my journey with a good meal! 


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Wyoming?

My main goal during this reign is to serve my state to the highest standard while utilizing my passions. I am a female business owner and started my first online boutique at the age of 19, so I am on a mission to encourage other young girls in my state to dream big and chase their dreams, even if they are unconventional. 


As a former two time state titleholder in the MUSA system, do you think that national competition experience will help you at Miss America?

Carlos Velez
I do. Having that unique experience under my belt truly has prepared me for anything, especially when it comes to obstacles and the unexpected. 


How did you select your Community Service Initiative?

As someone who has personally experienced mental health struggles, it is my priority to share my story and make sure other women know they are not alone. I realize how social media can paint a different reality of what someone is actually going through, so to be a voice for my community and state. 


What is your personal fitness routine?

I really enjoy long walks, I don't like abiding by any routine. Something that brings me peace is honoring my body, I naturally am very active so when I am working out my favorite thing to do is go for a walk outside and finish with bodyweight exercises for my core and arms!


You started your own clothing business. What can you tell me about Loveleigh?

At 19 years old I was taking a break from pageantry and also unknowingly walking into a pandemic. I enjoy staying busy and was very inspired by other women I saw dominating the online boutique career. Being from Wyoming, there was a huge gap in the market for girls my age with what was available IN Wyoming, so bringing in trendy items seemed like a solution we could all benefit from. A lot of my customers would come straight to my house to try items on and pick them up. From there I have stuck with the vision and it will always be something I am passionate about. I feel like by creating Shop Loveleigh, I gave myself the biggest gift, which is to have a career I am forever passionate about and constantly growing with. I am completely self taught and I now am able to help other female entrepreneurs grow and scale their businesses with Kern Media. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Carlos Velez
I would be Rapunzel from Tangled. I have always loved that movie because she is the one princess I relate to in every way! My favorite song from that movie is "Something that I want."


If you had an extra ticket to see a Casper Horse Heads baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

It would only be right to go with my dad! I met my first ever pageant titleholder at a Casper baseball game, probably in 2008... I had no idea what pageantry was until about 14 years old, but I had her autograph on my wall for much longer, so this would be beyond special for both myself and my dad!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I would love to throw the first pitch! That is something I have always wanted to do as a titleholder and would be extremely excited about!


---

Hope she gets the chance for that first pitch!

As always, I want to thank Mackenzie for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Mackenzie during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. You should also check out the websites for Shop Loveleigh Kern Media's Instagram to learn more about those endeavors.


Thanks again Mackenzie, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week