Friday, July 14, 2023

Cori Keller Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Cori Keller is passionate about fighting childhood hunger, a dedicated exerciser, and the current Miss Arkansas. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Cori Keller visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Arkansas crown?

While I was competing at Miss Arkansas, my dad was in critical care from complications of open heart surgery. To celebrate my win, I went in my gown, crown, and sash to the hospital to celebrate with him. It was an extraordinary moment. 


What is something that Ebony Mitchell did as Miss Arkansas that you would like to emulate or expand upon?

Ebony was a great Miss Arkansas. I hope to carry on her tradition of excellence throughout my reign.


What part of the upcoming Miss America competition are you most nervous about?

Honestly, I’m not nervous about it right now! We’re not sure when or where it will be, so I think until we know, I won’t be nervous. I’m very excited, though! 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Feeding the Future”?

Growing up in rural Arkansas, food insecurities sat next to me in class every day. When I learned about the serious issue in my school district, I knew I had to make a difference for my classmates and the 1 in 4 children in the state that are food insecure. 


What is your personal fitness routine?

I have a degree in Exercise Science so I love to workout! I try to work out three days a week, eat a balanced diet, and drink a lot of water. 


You have two degrees from Arkansas State University. Where do you see those studies taking you?

Before I was Miss Arkansas, I worked in marketing at CJRW. When I’m done being Miss Arkansas, I’m not sure where I will land. For now, I’m going to see how it plays out! 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Probably Edna from The Incredibles. She’s so funny, very smart, and sassy! I love it. 


You had the opportunity to call a college baseball game. What was that experience like?

I was the dugout reporter for the University of Memphis VS Mississippi State University game two seasons ago. It was a great experience! This was the year after Mississippi State won the College World Series. We had a head coach get thrown out of the game, so there was a lot of action to cover!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when a head coach has to go to the mound to talk to a pitcher. 


---

I would definitely like to experience that as well!

As always, I want to thank Cori for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Cori during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 


Thanks again Cori, and good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week