Monday, July 24, 2023

Nikki Behjat Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Nikki Behjat is passionate about representation, an animator, and the current Miss Red Rock. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Nikki Behjat visits Section 36!

Why did you decide to try for a local title?

My friend Naree was a part of the competition last year, and I thought it was amazing to see someone of a similar cultural background as me be a part of a pageant! I also wanted to do something out of my comfort zone and find a new way to spread a message I’ve always been passionate about!


What has been the biggest surprise about your time as Miss Red Rock?

The biggest surprise I’ve had are the friendships I’ve made in the Miss Nevada Organization! I was very fortunate to have felt very welcomed by the other titleholders, and have now made some of my closest friends! 


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your remaining time as Miss Red Rock?

I hope to have a chance to visit some schools and share some books with diverse stories!  


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Representation Matters”?

Growing up as the daughter of Iranian immigrants and also being a practicing Muslim, I had little to no representation in tv shows or movies. That’s why I started “Representation Matters”, to help educate others on underrepresented communities because sharing diverse stories can help marginalized groups feel seen, heard, and validated, and also help combat negative stereotypes!


You’re currently studying animation at The School of Visual Arts. Where do you see that field taking you?

My goals are to become a director for an animated movie or tv show in the future! I’ve always enjoyed directing different aspects of my short films and collaborating with so many talented people! 


What is your personal fitness routine?

I absolutely love walking! I usually go for a walk in the evening with my dog since the heat in Vegas can sometimes be brutal, and I also enjoy the view!


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would have to choose Belle! She’s always been my favorite Disney Princess since I was 3, and I love how she is confident and comfortable being herself and never judges a book by its cover. I also think it would be fun to explore an enchanted castle with animated objects!


If you had an extra ticket to a Las Vegas Aviators baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would have to take one of my good friends Alexandra! She’s been one of my closest friends since we were in middle school, and whenever we’re in town back from college we often watch movies or try new activities together, so I would definitely have to take her!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I think it would be fun to throw the opening pitch or be a part of the field in some way! I’ve heard of many title holders and celebrities throwing the first pitch in a baseball game, so I think that would be a fun thing to try it out in the future!


---

So many great on-field opportunities out there

As always, I want to thank Nikki for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Nikki during the rest of her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. 
It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 


Thanks again Nikki, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week