Monday, July 10, 2023

Victoria Mozitis Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Victoria Mozitis is passionate about literacy, a talented performer, and the current Miss New Jersey. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Victoria Mozitis visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss New Jersey crown?

The Miss New Jersey Education Foundation hosts the most beautiful Queens Reception every year after the crowning. I got to spend time with my family, mingle with everyone who attended and had a “first dance” with my dad. It was such a special night!


What is something Augostina Mallous did as Miss New Jersey that you would like to emulate?

Augie had this very specific goal throughout her year as Miss New Jersey: to never lose herself. I have that goal as well. Miss New Jersey is someone who all little girls should strive to be. How can they have that dream if she is not relatable and unapologetically herself? I don’t want Miss New Jersey to be some kind of “alter-ego” for me. I have strong opinions, I am musical, I am silly, and sometimes I require moments to check in on my mental health. Miss New Jersey is going to be that way as well. I want to blur the line; Augie did just that throughout her year and it was so admirable. 


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss New Jersey?

I am in the middle of writing a children’s book, and my goal is to get it published during my year as Miss New Jersey!


How did you select your Community Service Initiative, “#LEAP”?

My father took me to the library every week. My parents made storytelling an integral part of my life at a very young age, and that is what set me up for success: to become a Musical Theatre major in college, to become a professional actress, and eventually, to become Miss New Jersey. I want to give students the opportunity to dream, and the first step in doing so is to work to improve literacy!


You are a recent graduate of the Musical Theatre Program at Rider University. Where do you see those studies taking you?

It has always been my dream to become an actor on Broadway, and that will always remain true. That dream has broadened as I have also developed a passion for Arts Management, which I minored in in college. My goal is to use my degrees to not only pursue my passion for performing, but also use them to expand my Social Impact Initiative into a non-profit organization, become a professional casting director, and work for The Miss America Organization.


What is your personal fitness routine?

I am a dancer, so a lot of my fitness routine is centered around taking class regularly. I also go to the gym frequently, and I love going on runs (although I’m not very good at it!)


If you could play any role in a Disney Broadway show, which would you choose? Why?

I just played Belle in Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, and I would play that role again in a heartbeat if given a chance. However, once The Princess Diaries inevitably makes its way to a Broadway stage, I must originate the role of Mia Thermopolis. I’ve found so much comfort in her as a character since becoming Miss New Jersey. I’m still working on navigating life as a twenty-something-year-old girl who was just given the opportunity of a lifetime to represent her state and a National Organization. I’m still naive to the whole thing. Her story tells just that. 


If you had an extra ticket to a Jersey Shore BlueClaws baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I have never been to a BlueClaws game, but my brother Tommy has been to many! I would bring him, simply because I enjoy his presence and he enjoys baseball. 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I’ve always wanted to be the National Anthem Singer at a Phillies game. Attending Dollar Dog Night would be a close second. 


---

I'm pretty excited about that book!

As always, I want to thank Victoria for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Victoria during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
You should also visit her personal Instagram account and website. They're all great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 


Thanks again Victoria, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week