Friday, April 1, 2022

Kirsten Fernow Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Kirsten Fernow is passionate about sustainability, a realtor, event planner, and the current Miss Las Vegas USA. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Kirsten Fernow visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Las Vegas USA crown? 

I went to go eat with some friends at a new, local business called SPLASH! I was super hungry after forgetting to eat lunch before the pageant. Oops! 


As a former titleholder in other organizations, what made you decide to compete for a Miss USA crown? 

I love what the new President Crystle Stewart has done to revamp the organization. I love to see how the women have more opportunities to speak! Also, I am half Filipino, and I have always thought it would be amazing to compete for Miss Universe, and this is the first step ! 


What has been the most pleasant surprise about your time as Miss Las Vegas USA?

How excited others get about this title! My family was freaking
out! 


You’re the owner of K Access. What can you tell me about that venture?  

I have been in the events & entertainment industry for most of life. So naturally, lots of people come to me for help with connections & booking things ect. I started this business to give people ACCESS to all things Vegas! I focus mostly on events and real estate, but we can get people access to a lot more.  


You’ve been able to do some modeling. What do you enjoy about being in front of a camera? 

When I am modeling, I am only thinking about THAT particular moment. My mind gets to take a little break, which is actually super relaxing for me. 


What is your personal fitness routine? 

I try to follow the 5am club outline, 20 mins of physical activity, 20 min. of journaling, 20 min. of learning something new). So I will try to do a min. of 20 min of exercise a day and more when we are closer to a pageant. I enjoy doing yoga, lifting weights, zumba/ dancing and roller skating! 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why? 

(I used to work at Walt Disney World) I would love to be Moana for a week. When I look at her, I see bits and pieces of myself, which is super cool! And her home and friends are amazing, I'd love to live in Paradise! 


If you had an extra ticket to see a LA Dodgers game, who would you take with you? Why? 

My friend Yvette. We grew up in LA together and played softball together for most of our childhood. Then we moved to San Francisco together for college. Whenever we went to a Giants game, it just felt so wrong! We were born and bred to be Dodger fans! 


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience? I would either like to throw a first pitch at a Dodger game, but softball/ underhand style or experience what it feels like to hit a home run over the fence! 


---

Hitting a home run would be a pretty cool feeling!

As usual, I want to thank Kirsten for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish Kirsten luck when she competes for Miss Nevada USA! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Kirsten during her journey as Miss Las Vegas USA. You should be sure to check out her Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on.


Thanks again Kirsten, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week