Monday, April 25, 2022

2021 Topps Allen & Ginter Blaster!

It's time to open some more cards! How about another blaster of 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter? Still working on my thoughts with the set...whether it's still old fashioned or just old. But, it's still fun to open cards, right? 

How did this one turn out? Let's see!


The packs, as always. After all, I can't have the thumbnail showing off the good stuff...assuming there is good stuff.


Is this good? Anytime you can grab a card of this MVP candidate it's a good thing.


A great card of David Ortiz. Bonus points because I was at the dame mentioned on the card. Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS when Ortiz finally sent everyone home happy and avoiding a sweep.


See?


I have to admit, I'm getting a little bored of random Ted Williams cards for no reason.


Verdugo is going to have a big year this year, right? I keep expecting it. Anyway, here's his mini.


Here's the back of it, with all the numbers spelled out. Is that how people used to write their numbers? Seems like an incredible waste of time.

And there you have it. Nothing to write home about. A couple decent players, but not the world's best blaster.

How did yours go?



1 comment:

  1. I did open a blaster of A&G a few months ago. Highlight was a Rogers Hornsby mini variation. Too many cards of minor celebrities I don't care about.

    The written-out stats were never a particularly good idea, and after a couple decades of them I'd really like to see a change. I suppose it's hard to know what they could do which wouldn't duplicate other cards, though. Maybe a list of every where they'd played going back to the minors? Expanded personal information, like the names of their parents and children? I don't know, anything but "Strikeouts One Hundred Twelve".

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week