Friday, April 22, 2022

Cassandra Pinataro Visits Section 36!

Photo: K. Garcia Productions
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Cassandra Pinataro is passionate about fearless authenticity, a talented singer, and the current Miss Boston. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Cassandra Pinataro visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Boston crown?

My parents, cousin, and cousin-in-law went to a delicious dinner at Posto in Sommerville. Shortly after that, my parents took me and eleven of my wonderful friends who had attended the pageant to Earl’s in the Prudential Tower to celebrate even more! I was so overwhelmed with happiness that I could hardly stop smiling long enough to take in the wonderful celebrations around me, but my lasting impression from the night is that I’ve been surrounded with so much love and support that I truly believe I’m the luckiest girl in the world!


What portion of the Miss Massachusetts competition are you most nervous about?

I am most nervous for the time in between stage appearances. Changing hair, makeup, and wardrobe in the dressing rooms in such a short period of time can be very stressful!


What is something that Elizabeth Pierre is doing as Miss Massachusetts that you would want to emulate?

Photo: V2 Productions
Elizabeth’s ability to use social media to advocate for change and to break down stigmas on a global scale is something that I admire and have been actively working to do in my own social media as I strive to help others build self-love, self-confidence, and find healthy relationships. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Fearless Authenticity”?

I have already been living my social impact initiative in my own journey of creating, releasing, and promoting my original pop songs. The title, “Fearless Authenticity” stems from a conversation I had with a friend. I told them I wanted to promote a message to help others become fearlessly authentic so that young girls could be unencumbered by outside judgement. My friend looked at me and said, “Thank goodness you’re the one advocating for this. You’re authentically fearless”. I don’t know if they ever realized how much that meant to me, but their comment remains in my mind as a constant reminder that my strength and confidence can be used to help others find that same strength and confidence within themselves. 


As a talented singer, what is your favorite part about performing your talent on stage?

I adore the character of Adele from Die Fledermaus. She’s smart, witty, fun, and bold. I believe I resonate with her qualities! I thoroughly enjoy creating the character delivered in this piece and the laughter that results throughout the performance. It’s also a joy to share classical music in new spaces. The world always needs more music! 


You’re also a wonderful recording artist. What can you tell me about your recent single, “Meanwhile in My Head”?

Meanwhile in My Head highlights the idea that vulnerability is real and can empower us if accepted. Acknowledging an insecurity is the best way to begin eliminating it. In this song, infidelity is feared in the relationship, and I take the listener through the mental battle of worrying that your significant other is being unfaithful while being in love and not wanting to speak up about your concerns. Though the song lives in this space, my promotional content revolves around the idea that this type of relationship is NOT healthy! If someone finds themselves unable to trust their partner, it is best to walk away from that relationship. Being unable to walk away from a relationship like this shows an insecurity that must be tackled to have a healthy relationship in the future, and if someone’s actions lead you to believe they are being unfaithful, they too are not ready for a healthy relationship. It’s a two-way street when it comes to communication and vulnerability, and I hope this song can help someone feel less alone as they handle this type of breakup or turmoil. Stay tuned for my new song releasing on April 29th titled, “Free Woman,” talking about how it feels to be in a healthy relationship!  


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would absolutely be Jasmine! She lives by the idea that life is too short to settle and as someone who is always searching for the next way to reach a higher goal, I resonate with this. Also, how cool would it be to ride a magic carpet? It definitely would beat waiting to take the T. 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play at Fenway, who would you take with you? Why?

Photo: Steve Smith
I would take my brother! He played baseball since he was a young boy and was a catcher at Vassar College. I have so many memories of watching him play baseball games when we were younger and now, I love going to games with him, cheering together, finding yummy snacks around the stadium, and catching up on the exciting things we’re both doing as adults! We have the best sibling bond I’ve ever seen so I always love getting to see him. 


Is there a feature or activity at a Red Sox game that you’d especially like to experience?

I have dreamed of singing the National Anthem at a Red Sox game for years! I remember being a senior in high school and seeing the stadium in person for the first time. I told my mom that I wanted to sing the National Anthem there one day. I haven’t gotten to do this quite yet, but I hope I am able to as Miss Boston!


---

That would obviously be incredible!

As usual, I want to thank Cassandra for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish Cassandra luck when she competes for Miss Massachusetts! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Cassandra during her journey as Miss Boston. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. You should also check out her personal Instagram and website to follow her amazing singing career. And, as luck would have it, Cassandra is performing her New England Conservatory senior recital tomorrow (April 23, 2022). If you'd like to attend, or watch via livestream, check out this link: NEC Senior Concert


Thanks again Cassandra, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week