Monday, March 28, 2022

2021 Topps Series Two Big Blaster Break!

It's time to open another one of these! I know. I just opened a 2022 blaster. Why am I going back in time? Well, because that's what I had sitting around to open. So there. Again, I'm guessing that these aren't called "big blasters" but I don't know what else to call them. So, that's what I'm going with. You know what the cards look like, but not what I got this time!

Let's see how it went!


Once again, here's the box showcasing the motorcycle stunt man.


See? It really is one of the bigger blasters.


Packed in such a weird way.


A shot of Chris Sale will all the computer graphics threatening to attack him. Maybe that's how he broke his rib.


Number 36 will always have a special place on this blog.


When I opened the 2022 blaster, I mentioned that I didn't mind the insert sets being throwback designs. I think they're much better/cleaner than most of the insert designs and themes that might be used otherwise. I'm perfectly happy with this different looking Dalbec RC. I don't need an overdone "Smoke and Fire" theme or whatever garbage they come up with. It would just be nice if they mixed up the designs a bit. With 70 to choose from, you think they could have lots of variety.


Nice action shot here.


Chavis holding at second. A different sort of action shot. Not batting, not fielding, not running...but still action.


Not the best shot of Houck here. 


Much better photo for a RC. And, a great example of using past designs. Honestly, if every year there was an insert set showcasing the 20th, 40th, and 60th anniversary sets I think that would be great. Let archives use the 10th, 30th, 50th, and 70th. Then there would always be variety and players wouldn't be repeated on designs as much.


Bogaerts defying gravity. How can you not extend a guy who can fly?


Glad he's back. Excited to see what role he fills on the team.


Love this celebration shot.


See? This is great. Ortiz on a '94 design. I have no problems with this. Not sure Topps has used this design very much either. It's the third retro design of the box, and I'm not tired of them at all.



Speaking of players whose role I'm excited to see...will Barnes be back to all-star form?

So, there you have the results. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week