Friday, March 11, 2022

Margaret Carpenter-Dove Visits Section 36

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Margaret Carpenter-Dove is passionate about volunteering, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Shoreline. I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Margaret Carpenter-Dove visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Shoreline crown?

I didn’t celebrate my win yet because my pageant director awarded me the [at-large] title since I did well last year, although I didn’t win a local. There weren’t too many locals held due to COVID. Shoreline wasn’t one of them so I was awarded that title. Anyway I’m celebrating my win on March 20th when all the at large titleholders get their crowns and sashes. So I’m just celebrating it with everyone else who gets a crown and sash.


What portion of the Miss Connecticut competition are you most excited about?

My favorite portions are talent and social impact! 


What is something that Sapna Raghavan is doing as Miss Connecticut that you would want to emulate? 

What I desire to do that Sapna is doing is to basically help the performing arts through diversity. I desire to help people of all sorts of minorities receive volunteer opportunities!


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Volunteer in 5”?

I selected my social impact” volunteer in 5 “ because it only takes 5 moments to decide to volunteer no matter who you are. Your sexuality, disability, gender, race, culture, religion et cetera shouldn't prevent you. Society sets stereotypes for organizations and you shouldn’t allow it to define you! I don’t let my slight disabilities or sexuality define me. I'm more than capable of doing the job! I just say I’m 99% neurotypical 1% disabled, which is the truth. If life were easy we wouldn’t have to deal with putting black and white barriers on any minority. What we  have to offer as far as community service is beyond amazing and I desire to change it so every person is able to and learn to do so! It only takes 5 moments to say yes and if you take advice and actually listen then 5 moments to decide yes will do the trick to do so!


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

What I enjoy most about performing on stage is just being in high energy and feeling my own energy. I don't necessarily pay attention to crowd energy, I just do it for my pure enjoyment !


How would you complete the sentence, “I get great satisfaction when ___”?

I get great satisfaction when I’m happy and doing my best. 

 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would choose Minnie Mouse because she’s very animated!


If you had an extra ticket to see a Red Sox game at Fenway Park, would you find someone to go with you?

If I got a ticket for the opposite side of the stadium and I was cheering on the Miami Marlins then yes! Sorry to disappoint you, just being honest. Gotta love Miami and Tampa teams!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

If I were to experience it would be actually getting the chance to volunteer with challenger leagues with IDD.


---


I'm sure that would be wonderful!


As usual, I want to thank Margaret for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


I also want to wish Margaret luck when she competes for Miss Connecticut! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Margaret, and good luck!

1 comment:

What people are reading this week