Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Check Out My Mailday!

About a month ago, I decided it was finally time to request another shipment from COMC. The shipping times had started to be reasonable again, and my pile of cards I wanted was growing into a handful. So, I pulled the trigger on a small stack. The baseball ones can be seen below. Let's have a look, shall we?


1989 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr. Here's a card I had back in the day. Heck, I'm guessing I had two or three at one point. All made their way out of my collection. I started to think that I really should have one. If only for the memories. It's also the sort of card a good collection should have. It's not the '89 Upper Deck, but it's a recognizable RC of an all-time great. This card ended up being in worse condition than I imagined it would be. But, that's OK. It's probably not much worse than the ones I used to have.


1985 Topps Roger Clemens. I never had one of these cards before, but always wished I did. Figured I should fix that issue now. I also have that side project I'm working on collecting paying days cards of every member of the Red Sox Hall of Fame, which Roger is in. (Of course, I'll never complete the project on my budget.) Obviously, I have plenty of other cards from his playing days. But, the rookie seems like the best to include.


1967 Topps Dick Williams. Another addition to the HOF collection. This, obviously, isn't his rookie card. But, if I had to pick a year to represent, 1967 seems like the natural choice.


1959 Topps Pete Runnels. Another addition to the Hall of Fame Collection. And, another good example of the reason behind the project. It's my first 1959 Topps. So, I'm able to have a purpose for picking one up as opposed to a random common. 


1955 Bowman Frank Sullivan. You guessed it. Pretty sure this is my first 1955 Bowman card. Love adding the variety.


1964 Topps Dick Radatz. Pretty sure I already have a 1964 Topps. But, a Radatz rookie is a 1962 high number. Way more than I'm going to pay for the Monster. So, I liked the look of the 1964.

 

1964 Topps Tony Conigliaro. Now I defintiely already have a 1964 Topps. But how could I pass on a Tony C rookie?


1964 Fleer Ted Williams w/ Tom Yawkey. Now, the tricky part of the project. Executives like Tom Yawkey don't have a lot of cards. Especially while they were active in the roles that earned them the nod. So, I jumped at the chance when I realized Yawkey was on this card. Once again, this is a set I always wanted a card from. But, the "good" cards tend to be expensive, and the others are nothing to get excited about. This project gave me a good reason to give the set a try. I'm glad I did.

So, there we go. That's my latest shipment from COMC. The baseball ones, at least. It's been a great way to work on this project and add some fun cards to my collection.

Can't wait for the next shipment.

Which card is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I'll go with any of the vintage...and you're right, that Griffey is in rough shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good stuff! The Bowman is my favorite. I like the Red Sox HOF idea too!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week