Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Sarah Corrow Visits Section 36!

Section 36 ha
s another visitor! Sarah Corrow is passionate about supporting veterans, a talented singer, and the current Miss Exeter. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more!

So, let's see what happens when Sarah Corrow visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Exeter crown?

I celebrated winning the Miss Exeter crown with my new sister titleholders at our pageant directors house! Everyone was so excited, and little exhausted, but we spent the night chatting about our plans for the year and laughing together. The next morning I went out to breakfast with my Mom, Dad, Sister, and Grandmother. It was great to be able to celebrate with them, as they are always my biggest supporters! 

 

What did you learn about yourself during the Miss Exeter competition that will help you at Miss New Hampshire?

Miss Exeter was my first ever competition, so I was super nervous. I learned that it is okay to be nervous because it means you care, and the most important thing is to be yourself and have fun! I also was so lucky to have been competing with the kindest, most amazing women in the world. I truly don’t know if I could have done it without them. I’m so excited to be able to go to Miss New Hampshire with them in the spring! 

 

Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Exeter?

My overall goal this year as Miss Exeter is getting out into the community as much as possible and volunteering my time. I am especially hoping to volunteer a lot of my time to the local Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs) in the area. My social impact, What it Means to Serve, is advocacy for Military Veterans and their families. One of my goals is to not only volunteer my time to VSOs, but specifically tp offer free programming to military families in New Hampshire. 

 

How did you select your social impact initiative, “What it Means to Serve: Supporting Veterans and Their Families”?

As the daughter of two Army officers, selecting my social impact initiative was simple for me! I moved around 7 times as a child, sometimes every year and even to other countries. It was hard making that transition, especially when we moved to locations that didn’t have other military families that I could relate to. My goal is to offer programming, like hiking, surfing, and theme park trips, along with offering performing arts classes, for military children to come together to create a community in New Hampshire!

 

You’re heavily involved in theatre. What do you enjoy most about being on stage?

What I most enjoy about being onstage, and performing in general, is the opportunity to bring happiness and entertainment to others. When I was growing up, I would beg my parents to go see plays and musicals. Afterwards, I would carry that excitement and joy that I saw in the show with me for weeks. That is what I hope to bring others with my performances and appearances on stage! 

 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

That is a tough question, but I would choose to be Rapunzel from Tangled. She not only craves adventure, but has the passion and drive to do whatever it takes to achieve her dreams! Rapunzel also felt isolated as a child, but ended up finding an unlikely community of friends through a shared experience. I think that is something all military children can relate to! 

 

You had the opportunity to spend some time in London. What was that experience like?

Studying abroad in London was a dream come true. I had visited a couple times before when I was living in Germany, and from those visits I knew I wanted to live there at some point in my life. Though I wasn’t living there full time, I really felt immersed in the culture of the city and with the diversity of the people who live there. I was also able to see ten plays/musicals when I was there, which was a blessing as a Musical Theatre Major. I still hope to live there full time someday!

 

If you had an extra ticket to see a Red Sox game, who would you take with you? Why?

If I had an extra ticket to see a Red Sox game I would definitely bring my dad! My dad was a baseball player all through high school, and has a huge collection of baseball cards. Going to professional baseball games was a special part of his childhood, and I would love to share that with him! 

 

Is there a feature or activity during a game at Fenway that you’d especially like to experience?

As a singer, I of course love when they play “Sweet Caroline”! It is a classic song, it looks so fun, and kind of beautiful, to sing-along to a song with an entire stadium of people!


---


That’s definitely a lot of fun!


As always, I want to thank Sarah for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As Sarah continues her time as Miss Exeter, I encourage you to check out her official Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also want to wish Sarah luck when she competes for Miss New Hampshire! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever win that crown.


Thanks again Sarah, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week