Thursday, August 26, 2021

Sapna Raghavan Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Sapna Raghavan is passionate about embracing diversity, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Connecticut. I was excited that she was willing to visit
with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 
 
So, let's see what happens when Sapna Raghavan visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Connecticut crown?
With my friends & family! I'm so glad that despite COVID-19, my family was able to gather to celebrate with me after the competition with a whole lot of good food and dance parties. It was so special to be able to spend it with them and share the excitement!

Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Connecticut?
Highlighting stories from women leaders across the state is something really important to me. It can be something as small as a social media post, but spending time with these women and hearing their stories of overcoming adversities inspires me and I'd love to share them for others to learn from. 

You were previously Miss Connecticut’s Outstanding Teen. Do you think that experience on a national stage will help you at Miss America?
Photo: CS Marchand
Definitely! My experience with this organization has prepared me for the real world and provided me with transferable skills that directly support my personal and professional development. Public speaking, budgeting, event planning, communications, social media, the list of those skills goes on and on, and I see the impact that my experience has had on my life and I'm so thankful.  

How did you select your social impact initiative, “Embracing Diversity: Overcoming Adversity”?
As an Indian American woman in business, I often found myself apologizing for using my voice, suffering from self-doubt and facing the harsh reality of unconscious bias, like many women do. It is our diversity that is our greatest strength, and it's my passion to raise awareness to the confidence gap that exists today and advocate for all women.

As a talented dancer, what is your favorite part about performing on stage?
There's a feeling you get when the music starts and you're no longer thinking about what step comes next, but you're just doing it and enjoying every second of it. It kind of feels like you're floating! That's my favorite part. It's a moment where I get to be me and just have fun!! 

How would you complete the sentence “I get great satisfaction when ___”?
Photo: CS Marchand

I can spend some device-less relaxation time with my family! 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?
I think I'd go with Moana!! Not only is it 1 of my favorite Disney movies (tied with Aladdin), but I love her adventurous spirit. I also would love to hangout with the pig and the chicken!  

If you had an extra ticket to a Red Sox - Yankees game, who would you take with you? Why?
My brother for sure. He makes everything fun! I'm sure we'd have a blast enjoying the game and of course, the food!!

Is there a feature or activity of a game at Fenway Park that you’d especially like to experience?
The cheering! There's a certain camaraderie that comes with watching a game when it feels like everybody is together and rooting for the same result. I love that!

---


Yup. There's nothing like being part of that crowd! 

As always, I want to thank Sapna for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Sapna continues her time as Miss Connecticut, I encourage you to follow her title's Instagram and Facebook accounts. You should also check out the official Miss Connecticut website. They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

 
I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown this winter. It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Sapna, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week