Wednesday, August 25, 2021

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 69 (613-621)

 I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set.

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 69?


Red Sox Cards on the Page  

1. All those players to choose from, and only one Red Sox? At least it's a good one. 


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool 

Multi-player rookies are cool. Which is good, since that's almost all there is on this page. Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. Can't get much younger than rookie cards of two Hall of Famers on one page with Rice and Carter. Definitely a cool page.


My favorite card on the page 

This is the easiest one yet. If you had told ten year old me that he would own a Rice rookie, I'm not sure the laughing would have stopped yet. Other than that, I'm intrigued by all the rookies. What are there, 32 rookie on this page. Of those 32, two ended up in the Hall of Fame. The rest were...nobodies? Am I missing someone? So no borderline guys. just two stars and 30 scrubs? That's one heck of a non-bell curve.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?





3 comments:

  1. I didn't think any of these were cool when I was a kid, I didn't know who any of them were (Parson I never saw). But I had the mini card with Carter back then, so I'll say that's the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice easily wins this round. Parson looks like he's wondering what he did to get stuck on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug DeCinces is an underrated Hall of Very Good guy (over 40 WAR) and Rick Rhoden, Dennis Leonard, and John Denny were solid pitchers with pretty long careers. Jim Kern and Manny Trillo weren't as good, but guys my age certainly remember them. Certainly not scrubs.

    The two Mets on the page, on the other hand, never amounted to all that much.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week