Thursday, March 18, 2021

2020 Leaf Baseball Blaster!

OK. First things first. I doubt this actually qualifies as a blaster. I don't really know what to call it. But, with the way retail packs have been disappearing, I decided I needed to grab whatever I saw...even if it was confusing. Here's what I got...



So, the front of the box says it contains one 10-card base set and a slabbed 1/1 proof card. Huh. No idea what that means, but cool. I like 1/1 cards. And, I know who Acuña and Tatís are...assuming they are referring to the ones I think they are.



And here's what the set looks like. I like the 1990 Leaf design. As someone who remembers being "wowed" by the 1990 cards when they came out, I can appreciate the throwback. The set comes in this ten-card plastic case. So, that's it. Open the box and open the case. No packs or anything.



And here's the entire set. As promised, there's Dominguez, Acuña, and Tatís. Pretty cool, I suppose. 



And, here's the slabbed 1/1 proof card. First, clearly "slabbed" doesn't mean "graded". Which is fine. For a 1/1, what difference does it make what the grade is? It's the highest graded version of the card by default. (It's also the worst graded, I suppose.) Second, it's apparently a proof from a 2019 set. I guess that makes sense. I have no idea what sets Leaf made in 2019, and I don't know where "Flash Clear Green" ranks on the hierarchy of 2019 Leaf sets. Nor do I know what the checklist looks like of possible cards that could have been included in this box. I'm fairly confident, though, that this Flash Clear Green Freudis Nova is not the big hit.

Anyone else open any of this?

Was your hit any better?



2 comments:

  1. How much was the box? If it was $20... I'd say it's a reasonable break especially for those who have never pulled a 1/1 card before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was the $20 price. So, no, not terrible at all. Especially if you want the base cards, $2 each is decent.

      Delete

What people are reading this week