Thursday, December 19, 2019

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 5 (37-45)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 


Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 5?



Red Sox Cards on the Page: 0. Back to being shut out. 


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: This page is really a dud, to be honest. Id be tempted to go with Buddy Bell since he’s a players whose name I knew, but never saw play. But the “coolest” is probably the Cesar Geronimo. Even though he’s remembered as the guy who caught the final out, it’s cool to have cards of participants in that great 1975 World Series. 


My favorite card on the page: OK, not a lot of choices here. I'm tempted to say the Joe Rudi, but that seems mean. I'm going to go with the Andy Thornton. The "posed action" shots are often of someone following through on a pitch, or on a swing. Not often, though, is it "attempting a catch". So, that's pretty fun. But, here in Photography Month...the pics on this page don't do much for me.  


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. This page is filled with cards I didn't see in 1975, which often determines my favorites. The only ones I saw were Friesleben, Bell and Singer. Bell was my favorite out of those. But I'll go with Thornton now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Bill Singer several times when he was a scout and he signed a couple copies of the card pictured on this page so I;ll go with that one.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week