Friday, December 27, 2019

Brooke Hickerson Visits Section 36!


Section 36 has a new visitor! Brooke Hickerson is a mental health advocate, a talented dancer, and the current Miss HollyDazzle. That makes her the first visitor from the state of North Dakota! I was glad that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So let's see what happens when Brooke Hickerson visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss HollyDazzle crown?
After I was crowned Miss HollyDazzle, I shared my crown with my dancers! I brought it to dance class and told them all about the crown, what it means, and they all got to take a picture with it.

What did you learn about yourself at the Miss HollyDazzle competition that will help you at Miss North Dakota?
During the competition, I learned that I need to be more confident in myself! Far too many people do not feel confident in themselves

What has surprised you the most about your short time as Miss HollyDazzle
Something that has surprised me as Miss HollyDazzle is the amount of support that there is in the community!

How did you select your social impact initiative, “We Are Possible: Mental Health Among Our Community”?
I selected my social impact initiative because it is something that is very near and dear to my heart. I have struggled with mental health for many years and I want to raise awareness for mental illnesses in small towns in North Dakota.

As a talented dancer, what is your favorite part about performing on stage?
My favorite part of performing on stage is being able to lose myself in the music! 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, which would you choose? Why?
If I could be a Disney character for a week I would be Sleeping Beauty. Sleeping Beauty was my favorite princess as a child.

What do you remember about attending your first Twins game?
What I remember from my first Twins game was going with my best friend! We had so much fun!

If you had an extra ticket to a baseball game, who would you bring with you? Why?
If I had an extra ticket to a baseball game I would bring my best friend Chelsey. She loves baseball and we always have a blast together.

Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?
A feature or activity I would like to experience at a baseball game would be catching a baseball!
—-

I’ve never caught a ball during a game either. That would be a great goal.

As always, I want to thank Brooke for doing this interview, and for sending along the great pictures to help make the post more fun.

As Brooke continues her time as Miss HollyDazzle, I encourage you to follow her on her official Facebook page. It’s a great way to see what she’s up to during her time with the crown.

And, of course I want to wish Brooke luck when she competes for Miss North Dakota. Since she’s the first visitor from that state, this is also the first chance for a visitor to take home that crown!

Thanks again Brooke, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week