Tuesday, April 4, 2023

2022 Topps Allen and Ginter Blaster!

It's time to open some more cards! How about a blaster of 2022 Topps Allen & Ginter? Still working on my thoughts with the set...whether it's still old fashioned or just old. The subjects are getting a little odd too. Instead of fun and quirky, they've become just odd. I know it's a fine line. They did iw well for so long though, it's odd watching them lose their way. But, it's still fun to open cards, right? 

How did this one turn out? Let's see!


Here's what the box looks like. So old timey!


Same with the packs!


Speaking of old-timers, how about a recently retired player? I guess that's the fine line they're missing. It's a current set, so I want current players. But, it's also A&G so I want famous actors, historical figures, and things like that. I also like the inclusion of older players. Like, dead ball era players, or mid century. A guy who was active less than ten years ago isn't quite what I'm looking for.


Yeah. See above. At least this one's a fun mini so it has that tobacco era feel.


See above above.


See above above above.

I mean, I like the Red Sox World Series era as much as the next guy. And yes these guys have a bunch of Red Sox world series rings. And yes I never thought I'd ever utter that sentence. But, it's just a bit "off"

You know?

How did your box do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week