Friday, April 14, 2023

Sage Hovet Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Sage Hovet is passionate about Make-A-Wish, a talented performer, and the current Miss Mankato. I was so excited she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.
 
So, let's see what happens when Sage Hovet visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Mankato crown? 

The same way I celebrate all my big accomplishments - by telling my mom! She is my biggest cheerleader and my favorite person to share good news with.


What part of the upcoming Miss Minnesota competition are you most nervous about? 

I don't know if "nervous" is the right word so much as "curious" - fitness is coming back, and I am eager to see what that looks like! I have a feeling it will be totally new from swimsuit. It is currently a mystery, but I love rebel athletic wear and I prioritize my health now more than ever, so I am excited to see!


Is there a specific goal you'd like to reach during your time as Miss Mankato? I am hoping to raise another $1000 for Make-a-Wish Minnesota this year. The money stays right here in our community and goes back into making the wishes of critically ill children come true.


How did you select your CSI? 

My CSI is based around the Make-a-Wish foundation. I am a former Walt Disney World cast member, which is where I experienced the magic and joy of seeing so many wishes come true - in fact, over half of all Make-a-Wish wishes are to Disney World! After being a part of the magic with Wish families, when I returned to MN I became involved with the Make-a-Wish MN chapter and I have been volunteering with them ever since. I even had the opportunity to be a part of a wish right here in Minneapolis last year! I have worked as a childrens performer for 6 years, performing as various princesses for different parties/events. I was able to give a visit with Cinderella to a 4 year old battling Leukemia, as a part of her Wish for a magical day as a princess hosting a high tea party. 


As a talented performer, what do you enjoy most about being on stage? 

This is such a great question! My relationship with performing has changed so much throughout the years. Prior to college, I would have probably told you that I just really love singing and dancing. Now with a BFA in musical theatre under my belt, my passion for theatre has really come back to my love of storytelling. Theatre is about conveying universal human experiences for an audience. It is my favorite art form and something I am really lucky to do at a professional level!


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why? 

Funny you mention that... I am a former Disney Entertainment Cast Member! As part of the college program I had the chance to "hang out" with a lot of great characters - if I could choose a new one I think I would go with Olaf. Why? He’s a total goofball (like me), loves warm hugs (also like me), and reminds us that some people are worth melting for.


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play the Minnesota Twins, who would you take with you? Why? 

Definitely my dad. He is a huge Minnesota twins fan - now that I live near Target Field I hope to catch a game there with him this season!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience? 

As a performer, I am always ready to sing the national anthem! Otherwise, my favorite part of a baseball game is definitely the stadium snacks. Bring on the popcorn and hot dogs!


---

Snacks are definitely key!

As always, I want to thank Sage for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Minnesota! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Sage during her journey as Miss Mankato. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. In fact, check out her whole linktree. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Sage, and good luck!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week