Friday, April 7, 2023

Natalie Ehrensbeck Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Natalie Ehrensbeck is a passionate about helping children, a talented singer, and the current Miss Blackstone Valley. I was thrilled she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.
 
So, let's see what happens when Natalie Ehrensbeck visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Blackstone Valley crown?

The moment it was announced that I won, I’m pretty sure I squealed because I was so excited! Afterwards, I went out for a celebratory dinner with my dad and my friends who were there, and I called my mom to tell her the good news.


What did you learn about yourself while competing for Miss Blackstone Valley that will help you when you compete for Miss Massachusetts?

Throughout the entire day, I kept telling myself “be the best Natalie you can be”. Sometimes I think I can get caught up in the competition aspect and lose sight of the reason I started this journey in the first place: to increase my self-confidence. The Miss Blackstone Valley competition taught me to own who I am and focus on giving a performance that I would be proud of.


What is something that Katrina Kincade is doing as Miss Massachusetts that you would want to emulate?

Katrina is so genuine in the media and in person. She is unapologetically herself, and I find that so admirable. I want to be a titleholder that people feel comfortable approaching in public. Katrina stops and talks to everyone and cares about each person she speaks with, and that is the kind of titleholder I want to be.


How did you select your community service initiative, “Serving the Underserved”?

I have always loved working with children. Helping the next generation learn valuable life skills and become leaders has quickly become my life’s mission. Early on, I realized that not every child is set up for success depending on their background and upbringing. “Serving the Underserved” aims to partner with youth empowerment programs to help all children learn the skills they need to be successful adults, regardless of their economic status.


What do you enjoy most about performing your talent on stage?

I love portraying a character onstage! Because my talent is a comedic aria, I get to be incredibly dramatic and silly. It brings me a lot of joy to hear the audience laugh and realize that opera can be funny too!


You’re studying Musical Theatre Vocal Pedagogy at Boston Conservatory at Berklee. Where do you see those studies taking you?

My goal is to be a voice professor on the collegiate level. I am interested in cross-training vocalists in both classical music and musical theater. Both styles can aid each other in creating a well-rounded singer, and I want to see more professors teaching opera singers to be musical theater singers and vice versa.


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would choose to be Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Belle is intelligent, brave, and compassionate and I try to emulate her everyday. Plus, I am an avid reader and the library in Beast’s Castle is my dream library!


If you had an extra ticket to see a WooSox game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would bring my brother, Nick! Growing up, we would go to minor league baseball games all the time during the summer. I have so many great memories from those games, and I would love to make more with the WooSox!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I’d like to throw the first pitch at a game, but I can’t promise that it would be a strike!


---

I don't think many first pitches are strikes. So, I bet she's all set there!

As always, I want to thank Natalie for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss Massachusetts! It would be fantastic to have yet another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Natalie during her journey as Miss Blackstone Valley. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on. 


Thanks again Natalie, and good luck!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week