Tuesday, September 20, 2022

2022 Topps Chrome Blaster!

I was as surprised as anyone when I saw these on the shelf of Target yesterday. I was also as surprised as anyone when I saw the $35 price. What the heck is going on here. The fun little option for buying cards is becoming considerable less economic. I mean, there are only 32 cards in the box. How are these going to be worth $1+ per card?

I guess we'll have to see...


Maybe they're thinking if I get this guy it's worth the $1?


Apparently they really think that.


What about this guy? A Red Sox who's not a Red Sox anymore. Is that why I spent my $1? I will say the design works pretty well as a chrome silver shiney thing.


It's not a Red Sox player, but here's one of those sepia things I'm also supposed to be looking for. Is he worth $1?



How about this guy? Is he pointing to Altuve saying he's the goal? Or is he suggesting I scroll all the way back to the top? It's hard to tell.

Either way, this was not the world's best box. I know Chrome is a risk-reward type product...but it's not looking like it's worth the risk.

How did your box go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week