Monday, September 5, 2022

2015 Topps Update Series Throwback Variation

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. As a nod to the Gold Together activities going on this month to help raise awareness of the leading cause of death by disease in children, I thought I'd contribute several "gold" themed posts sprinkled throughout the month. Here's the next one.

Let's talk about this card...


I guess I'll start off with a confession. This, apparently, isn't a "gold" card. While it does, to my eyes at least, have a gold border. It is apparently not gold. It's not numbered or anything. It's actually a gold-looking throwback variation of Xander's 2015 Topps update card, and is apparently a shortprint. When I did a quick search of the card because I was blanking on the year, I couldn't find it. I had no idea. Which is the problem, of course, with all the endless variations. I have at least three throwback variations from this set. How was I supposed to know they were rare?

Did you?

---

If you are able this month, or any month, to support the Gold Together efforts, I highly recommend you consider a donation. You can follow the the link to the American Cancer Society here.

Support their efforts to be Gold Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week