Friday, September 9, 2022

Alexa Baisch Visits Section 36!

Photo: Stacie West
Section 36 had another visitor! 
Alexa Baisch is passionate about eliminating child trafficking, a talented dancer, and the current Miss Montana. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Alexa Baisch visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Montana crown?

Winning the title of Miss Montana was such a whirlwind! I was crowned on July 2nd so, I was able to celebrate my new title AND the 4th of July by appearing in a parade in my hometown followed by a BBQ with my friends. It was so special to be surrounded by supporters within my community and my friends and family. I can not think of a more perfect way to celebrate!


What has been the biggest surprise about your time as Miss Montana?

So far the biggest surprise has been how much support I have received from people all over the country! I have people reaching out to tell me congratulations and ask for autograph cards from all over the place! One of my largest sponsors is even located in Mississippi! The support and kindness I have received has been incredible and I am so grateful for it!


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Montana competition that will help you at Miss America?

Each time I have competed for a title within the Miss Montana organization I learn something new! It is incredible how much progress I have made throughout my years in this program! I have improved so much and this year I was given more tips on how to grow and continue to improve in order to feel prepared for Miss America!


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Kids Matter: Eliminating Child Trafficking”?

One of my favorite parts of this organization is the opportunity to advocate for something you care about. During the pandemic some of my friends and I fell into the obsession with true crime podcasts. They constantly discussed cases that were thought to involve human trafficking and the exploitation of men, women, and children. It was exciting to listen to, but they always left me feeling like I needed to do something to help. The more I researched how scary this issue truly is the more I felt called to make a difference. That's how I chose "Kids Matter: Eliminating Child Trafficking". I am so excited to use my title to support organizations who are fighting against human trafficking, increase awareness and share preventative tactics to keep children safe, and help victims receive the help they need. 


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I have been dancing since I was very young and performing is one of my favorite things to do! I love dancing, especially tap, and just being on stage brings me so much joy!


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

If I could be a Disney character for a week I think I would have to choose Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). I know I look more like Ariel but, I think I'd rather have three fairy godmothers to grant my wishes than a fish tale! 


You recently graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in commerce and business administration. Where do you see that degree taking you?

I hope to use my degree to pursue a career in consulting! I was able to work with some phenomenal companies throughout my time at The University of Alabama that inspired me to want to go into this field and help companies function at their highest potential!


If you had an extra ticket to a Pioneer League baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

My extra ticket would go to my younger sister! We love going to local legion baseball games together and supporting our friends that play! I also love any excuse I can get to spend time with her!


Is there a feature or activity during a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

It has always been a dream of mine to throw the celebrity first pitch at a baseball game! Maybe I will add that to my Miss Montana bucket list!


---

I hope she gets to cross that off her list! 

As always, I want to thank Alexa for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Alexa continues her time as Miss Montana, I encourage you to check out her title's Website and InstagramThey're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown this winter. It would be wonderful to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Alexa, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week