Friday, February 25, 2022

Caroline Trennepohl Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Caroline Trennepohl is passionate about inspiring young women, a talented singer, and the current Miss Apple Valley. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Caroline Trennepohl visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Apple Valley crown?

Honestly, It was my first pageant ever. I totally did not expect to win. I didn’t really celebrate all too much just because I was  totally not expecting a win. 


I remember calling my mom and telling her I won, she said “What’s an Apple Valley?” 


The next day I volunteered, worked, and then got to work on planning my upcoming year. I think the heightened platform I have now with the crown is a celebration in and of itself to be able to continue and increase my volunteering to an even larger platform. 


I can’t wait to see all the experiences I have over the year!


What portion of the Miss Washington competition are you most nervous about?

Oh gosh, I think it is all so new to me that I am much more excited than I am nervous.


I really have trained my brain to try to look at experiences (as long as they are positive and not harmful) as instead of being nervous instead change that emotion to excitement. 


I know that I am doing something that so many others don’t have the opportunity to do and am so incredibly blessed. I look at the outcome of Miss Washington as not a win or loss, but instead a learning experience. 


When I think about it that way I don’t think I am nervous, but instead just super excited to prepare to do the best I can and meet so many amazing new friends. 


As a first time titleholder, what has been the most pleasant surprise about your short time as Miss Apple Valley?

I really mean it that when people say the sisterhood is real, it really is. It has been amazing to meet so many young women from all over in my short time as Miss Apple Valley. 


It is amazing to hear about all the great things women are doing in the Miss America Organization and feeling inspired myself as well and knowing that I am a part of something much greater than just me and my title. 


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Girls C.A.N.”?

I like to say that even though I have graduated college and am going back to school in the Spring, I STILL don’t know what I am going to do forever. So many young men and women do not know the potential career options that are out there for them. I want young women to be inspired to hear about a variety of careers at a young age so that they can find passion and purpose in whatever they decide to pursue long term. It is okay for this to change with time, but every child deserves to know options that they have that they can be inspired about and strive for. I want to provide girls with relatable mentors to learn about potential careers that they could have someday. 

What is your favorite part about performing your talent on stage?

I love to preform. It is a sense of home when I am away from home. At the end of the day I have learned that no matter where you go you have yourself, your mind, and your talents. I am always at ease when I sing. Musical theatre was a big part of my youth so being able to continue to do that on stage just makes me smile. 


As an avid traveler, what is your favorite place you’ve visited?

I love to travel so this is hard. I do love the Boston area (so excited to come this Summer for a wedding), I also love Disney Wold, Seattle where I live now is beautiful, Cincy will always be home……ugh so hard so many options. 


I would probably have to go with Malibu. Such a stunning part of Cali,  I also love the Grand canyons, but hen scottsdale is amazing too.. simply too hard to choose just one.


 It really just depends on what the mood of the trip is, travel, work, leisure, hiking. So many amazing places to see in the United States and all over the world. 


Adventure really is out there. Traveling is such a gift and provides you an incredible amount of perspective. 


The sheer action on moving across the country last year was such an eye opener to see how even within the United States how vastly different things are from one region to another both geographically and culturally. It is really a cool experience.


 My long term travel goals would be to live out of the country at some point and really get depth and perspective on a new area. I will channel my inner “Emily in Paris” (it may be a cheesy show, but I still love it)!


I really do believe that personally I can be happy anywhere, it is just your perspective. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

Tinkerbell! I remember I got this idea as a girl that I would be a Disney princess at Disney one day.


 My parents wanted to try to get that idea out of my head so they told me that the princesses all had to be a certain height! Anddd… I am only 4”11 so I was like super upset. So, I clearly didn’t believe my parents and decided to look up the qualifications myself. To my disappointment it was true about the height requirement, but I saw that I was a PERFECT height for Tinkerbell. Since then I have had my heart set on Tink. 


Who knows, I might still go after it one day :) 


You used to work for the Cincinnati Reds. What did you enjoy about that experience?

Wow, what a fun organization. The Reds gave me my first internship in college and I just kept coming back. 


I really think I learned what working in sports was like and was exposed to a type of career I had never heard of before. 


I never was introduced to working in sports prior or even thought of that as a possible career. 


The Reds I attribute to my sports career thus far, which has been fun. I am extremely thankful for them. I worked long days, long weeks, met so many new people, found mentors, and most importantly found career aspirations.


Is there a feature or activity at a Red Sox - Mariners game that you’d especially like to experience?

I would love to sing the national anthem! Singing is my talent and I have always loved to listen to the national anthem. 


Additionally, I do love the experience at the Red Sox when they play Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline”. That is always a fun one for me, I have fond memories of attending my first Red Sox game and being surprised with hearing “my” song. 


---


That must have been quite a surprise!


As usual, I want to thank Caroline for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


As Caroline continues her time as Miss Apple Valley, I encourage you to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on! 


I also want to wish Caroline luck when she competes for Miss Washington! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Caroline, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week