Friday, February 4, 2022

Allison Bryant Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Allison Bryant is passionate about promoting confidence, a talented clogger, and the current Miss Summerville. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more.

So, let's see what happens when Allison Bryant visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Summerville crown?

The first thing that I did was a happy dance for sure! Miss Summerville was the very first MAO prelim that I had ever competed in, so I didn't know what to expect going into it. I was honestly shocked to hear, “Your new Miss Summerville is Allison Bryant.” It took about 24 hours for it to sink in, but as soon as it did, I hit the ground running on this new adventure.


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Summerville?

During my time as Miss Summerville, it is my goal not only to make a difference in my community but in South Carolina as well. Through my marketing strategy and determination, I plan to impact and empower young South Carolinians to rediscover their full potential, allowing them to “Rise and Shine.”


What part of the upcoming Miss South Carolina competition are you most nervous about?

As a new candidate, I am very excited about the entire experience! When it becomes the time to compete, I have prepared in every way I can. I am already so proud of the growth that I have witnessed develop in myself. So, I would not say that I am nervous. I am genuinely looking forward to competing for the title of Miss South Carolina in June of this year!


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Rise and Shine”?

As a high school graduate in 2020, I was part of the first class to experience life virtually and on lockdown. Through this experience, I realized the immense effect that the pandemic had on my peers and our youth. This is why I created “Rise and Shine” to bring awareness to this issue and promote confidence and self-esteem in the generation impacted by this pandemic.


As a talented clogger, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

As a clogger who has danced for 13 years, I can truly say that I enjoy everything about performing on stage. Everything about the nervous jitters. The anxiousness of waiting for the music to start. When the sound of clogging taps and music are in sync. Most importantly, when the satisfaction of all of the hard work and dedication is enjoyed by the audience. 


You’re currently working towards your real estate license. What interests you the most about that field?

I grew up in a family of small business owners, which inspired me to do that as well. I had always loved looking through real estate brochures when I was younger, so when the pandemic hit, I started my licensure courses! Since I am starting my career at the age of 19, my goal is to fund my college education with the assistance of the Miss South Carolina Scholarship Organization and Miss America Organization. I also plan on pursuing my dream of opening a dance studio in the near future!


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why? 

This is a tricky question for me, being that I love ALL things Disney, but I think I would have to choose Anna from Frozen. From running away from Marshmallow the Snow Monster to fulfilling her Queenly duties, there is no telling what Anna’s week might hold! I also think that Olaf and I would get along great!


If you had an extra ticket to a Charleston Riverdogs baseball game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would have to choose my Dad. My Dad is my sports watching

buddy. We watch anything from football to figure skating. I always grew up going to baseball games with my family, but I definitely could not go without him. Also, he’s a big Bill Murray fan, so if I got the chance to meet him before he did, I don't think I would ever live that down!


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

As much as I think throwing the first pitch would be AMAZING, the thing that I love most about going to a baseball game is the atmosphere. It truly is a whole different ball game when you experience it in person rather than watching it on TV. If you get the chance, definitely go and support your favorite team.


---


There's nothing like being in the ballpark!


As usual, I want to thank Allison for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.


As Allison continues her time as Miss Summerville, I encourage you to check out her title's Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on! 


I also want to wish Allison luck when she competes for Miss South Carolina! It would be fantastic to have the first Section 36 Forever wear that crown.


Thanks again Allison, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week