Wednesday, February 2, 2022

2021 Topps Series Two Big Blaster Break!

It's time to open another one of these! Again, I'm guessing that these aren't called "big blasters" but I don't know what else to call them. So, that's what I'm going with. You know what the cards look like, but not what I got!

Let's see how it went!


There's the front of the box. Tatis sure looks happy.


Here's the top of the box, proving that this is the bigger blaster. A whole 256 cards! I also like the caveat that "packs with a special insert contain 9-14 cards". For one thing, that's quite a range. Second, they don't define what a "special insert" is. So, if you get a pack with out ten cards in it, Topps can say, "Um yeah...that Connor Wong card you got...that was a special insert."


As mentioned, sixteen packs.


Included in the packs was this great Michael Chavis card. He looks ready to take the next base if available.


Red Sox all-star Matt Barnes.


Rookie star Bobby Dalbec on the '83 Topps design. It's fun to be able to collect a rookie on different classic designs. 


Speaking of hotshot rookies, here's one on the more standard design.


Another Chavis! If I'm going to get shiny cards, couldn't they be of players still on the team?


Xander midair.


Another former Sox. At least this one is now a current Sox. 


Speaking of Dalbec on different designs, here's another one. At least it's a chance for some variety in the collection.


Vazquez looks ready to catch a runner napping. Wonder if it worked.


Everyone looks very excited on this card. I'm guessing the Red Sox won.


Eovaldi looking much more serious than the previous card.


Arroyo as well. I have to admit, I'm surprised they let the empty stands stay that way on these cards. Glad, but surprised.


for the 36th time, Topps, that's a laundry cart...not a shopping cart!

And, there it is. For 256 total cards, not exactly an impressive haul. But, that's a good chunk of Sox cards. So I guess I can't complain too much.

Have you ever opened one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week