Monday, January 10, 2022

2021 Topps Allen & Ginter Blaster!

It's time to open some more cards! This looks like my first blaster of 2021 Topps Allen & Ginter, so it was fun to do. I can't decide if I'm tiring of the A&G brand yet. The designs are getting pretty bland. I understand they're trying to fit in a specific style. But, that doesn't mean I can't be bored with it. While it's still fin to get cards of different people, and things, maybe the novelty has started to wear off. But, it's still fun to open packs.

How did this one turn out? Let's see!


Yup. The box. Even the box is boring.


As are the packs.


Inserts like this make me think that Topps is doing it right with their flagship sets where the inserts are just rehashing their old designs. It's not like "historical hits" is a particularly clever theme. Nor is the design an artistic masterpiece. If I want to include a card of Fisk in a set, might as well just slap a 1987 border on it. This one doesn't do much for me. Even if it's a card of "that" hit.


And here's the base design. Not much to get excited about. But, it does look nice for the old-time players like Williams.

And there you have it. Not a lot to write home about from this box. Os this set.

How did your blasters go?

1 comment:

  1. I've never been an A&G fan, but one of this year's Historical Hits inserts features one that happened on my birthday, so I feel I must acquire at least that one card.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week