Monday, January 3, 2022

2021 Topps Fire Blaster

 Let's open some more cards! This is my first blaster of 2021 Topps Fire, so it was fun to be able to do. I've always enjoyed the Fire brand, so let's get going.

How did this one turn out? Let's see!


Here's the box. I will be sure to look for "autographed cards"!


And the packs. For a guy featured so prominently on the box and packs, I'd expect Pete Alonso's cards to be more popular.


Xander! When I first opened these packs, my first reaction was surprise. I thought Fire was a more premium brand. Is my memory off? Or, have things changed? Because the cards seem cheap and flimsy in hand. The design is just like all Fire designs, crazy shapes and patterns dominate the card.


A "flame" parallel of Arenado here. Basically, it';s shiny foil with a name in keeping with the "fire" theme.


While the "flame" name makes sense...not sure the "liftoff" one does. I guess flames and fire ignite rockets? This card is photographed properly. It really is that bland, colorwise.


There will come a time where I can stop getting this guy is sets. Right? Please?


Another bland insert. But, at least the "smoke" goes better with "fire". Not sure I need this, though.

And there we have it. The one Red Sox card is probably negated by the dang Jeter card. And I didn't get any of those autographs I was supposed to be looking for.

Better luck next time.

How did you do with yours?






2 comments:

  1. Wait, there's a insert set that's "Smoke & Mirrors"? Doesn't that imply that the players aren't really talented and are faking it instead?

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week