Tuesday, December 1, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 36 (316-324)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 36?




Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. Another page lacking joy.


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. I'm going to go ahead and let Pete Rose qualify for this category. Cards of players from the 1975 World Series are cool. Pete definitely qualifies for that. Cards of managers as players are also cool. Hello Johnny Oates!


My favorite card on the page: Easily the Pete Rose. It has everything going for it. A superstar player. A picture with that bizarre tilt of the infield behind Pete. A perfect color combination on the border, and that great all-star star logo. Nearly perfect.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Rose for the coolest, Oates for favorite, special shout out to that ridiculous attempt at a Yankee logo on May's hat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Rose definitely the coolest card.

    Rudy May is my favorite because of that graffitied Yankee logo. When I was collecting the set as a kid, I liked the Jackie Brown card a lot.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week