Friday, December 11, 2020

Brooke Young Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Brooke Young is passionate about multigenerational interactions, a talented performer, and the current Miss Heart of Ohio. I was excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I’m just as excited that she represents the first visitor from the state of Ohio!


So, let's see what happens when Brooke Young visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Heart of Ohio crown?

I was fortunate to be crowned Miss Heart of Ohio on March 14th. As many people in 2020 can recognize, this was during the beginning of the Pandemic, and Social Distancing was coming into prevalence. Winning in my hometown of Mansfield, Ohio, with my Mother in the audience, was the most amazing gift I could have been given. My Sister and Father watched via Livestream at home, and during the short drive back, they decorated the mailbox for my win. I adore my family.


What part of the upcoming Miss Ohio competition are you most nervous about?

In all honesty, I'm a tad nervous to share my voice and

message through my Vocal Talent on the Miss Ohio Stage. Singing, and sharing a part of your heart, is absolutely vulnerable; I am both nervous and elated.


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Heart of Ohio? 

My utmost goal is to share and educate as many as possible with my message. My Social Impact Initiative focuses on creating meaningful opportunities for individuals of different generations to learn from, grow from, and engage with one another. I'm so passionate about this, and was fortunate to embark on the following projects thus far: A Statewide, MultiGenerational PenPal Program: Pandemic Pals, zoom speaking engagements, a partnership with Colorado Non-Profit Wish of a Lifetime, partnership to create meaningful veteran services with children via Ohio's Hospice, creation of Assisted Living Zoom Concert Series, and I continue open to any way to impact. I love service.


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Fostering Meaningful Interactions between Generations”?

Selecting my Social Impact was exceptionally simple, as the passion for Multigenerational Interactions has remained strong throughout my life. At the age of 8, I trained my First Therapy Dog, Molly, along with my Grandpa, and spent over 5 years serving with the elderly population in our State. Being so young, and so exposed to these concepts and the way these friendships changed and impacted my life, while leaving a profound impact on my older friends as well, changed my life. Exposure to this shifted my perception of the world, and I want every person, regardless of age, to experience joy, meaning, and pursue through the generational gap.


You once appeared as the “leg lamp” in the Christmas Story Musical. What was that experience like?

An avid Musical Theatre Performer for more than a decade:

dance, song, and acting have always been in my veins. I often joke and share that performing as A Human Leg Lamp in the Christmas Story Musical is my favorite Christmas Memory, and bringing genuine chuckles to the audience forever remains my favorite Theatre Memory.


What is your personal fitness routine?

Exercise and wellness plays a significant role in my life, especially for stress reduction. Owner of a Saint Berdoodle (Saint Bernard/Goliathdoodle Poodle), We embark on at least 2 walks per day, and I spend a great deal of time with pilaties, yoga, strengthening exercises. I'm active in my everyday life, with Golf and Recreational Baseball.


If you could work for a Major League Baseball organization, what would you want to do? Why?

Having collaborated with a regional network to provide Sports coverage in College, working as an In-Park Host for a MLB Organization continues to be my greatest dream. Growing up in a Baseball family, I knew that holding that microphone and appearing on the JumboTron would remain one of my biggest life dreams: Sport Reporting is my passion.


As a sports broadcasting minor, you’ve been able to interview several national champion athletes. Do you have a favorite that sticks out in your mind?

Being able to connect and honor Sports as the wonderful

unifier they serve as in our culture is one of the greatest gifts and honors. Entrusting me to tell stories, whether in-game hits, or personal interviews with National Champions (I have been blessed to speak with several), I'm grateful for the chance to sit down and authentically experience, authentically share with talented athletes.


Is there a feature or activity at a Reds-Indians game that you’d especially like to experience?

I'm known for my sporadic dance moves. Anytime I hear a good beat, I just have to get my feet moving a bit. The environment, the culture of Baseball and the collective energy in the air is my favorite part. I can't wait for sunny afternoons, smiling, and maybe a bit of dancing, at the ballpark again.



----


I think we’re all ready for that!


As always, I want to thank Brooke for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As Brooke continues her time as Miss Heart of Ohio, I encourage you to check out her official Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on!


I also definitely want to wish her the best of luck whenever she competes for the Miss Ohio title. It would be wonderful to have the first Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

 

Thanks again Brooke, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week