Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Monique Vacon Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Monique Vacon is a New England sports fan, and the current Miss Bay Sate. You may remember her
from the fantastic picture she submitted posing with Section 36. I waited far too long to ask her, but thankfully she was nice enough to visit with us to discuss the Red Sox, herself, and her time as Miss Bay State. So, let's see what happens when Monique Vacon visits Section 36!


What has been your favorite thing about being Miss Bay State?
I am a New England girl so to have the opportunity to represent my home for a year has been an absolute dream. My favorite thing about being Miss Bay State has been sharing my crown and sash with all of the kiddos.

Is there something left that you'd like to accomplish before the end of your reign?
Honestly, I have had the most amazing year but I hope that we can surpass our goal of $343,377 at the 2017 94.7 WMAS Baystate Children’s Hospital Radiothon.

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Bay State crown?
After the pageant, I did not want to take my crown off so I wore it to the Boston Tavern in Middleboro and had dinner with my family and friends.

How do we get more youth involved in volunteerism?
Volunteering has always been an invaluable part of my life ever since I was a kid. Teaching children about empathy is crucial in order to promote volunteerism. I teach my own students that helping others in need can be such a gratifying experience. Through my platform, Wish for a Miracle: Education Youth in Volunteerism, my students have made cards for children in local hospitals, raise money for Make-A- Wish, create their own fundraising projects and donated clothing to homeless shelters.

What are your plans after your reign is over?
I will continue my Master of Education degree and I will be the new business manager for the lucky young woman who wins Miss Bay State 2017.


What do you remember about your last trip to Fenway Park?
My last trip to Fenway Park I was introduced on the field, said “play ball” and watched the game with my entire family. It was by far one of my favorite appearances and the Red Sox won that night!

This is the first Red Sox season in a while without David Ortiz. What your favorite Ortiz memory?
There are so many memorable moments in Ortiz's career especially his hilarious Dunkin Donuts commercials. My favorite memory was when his daughter sang the national anthem. His reaction was so genuine and heartfelt.


What were you doing when the Red Sox won the 2013 World Series?
I believe I was in my living room watching the game with my family.

What are you most looking forward to about the Red Sox in 2017?

The addition of Chris Sale and the rest of the loaded pitching staff!


How will the Red Sox finish the 2017 season?
Obviously, the Indians are going to be contending in the AL again but I think the Red Sox will be right there at the end of the season and go deep into the playoffs.

-----

Hard to argue with that. Hope they go very deep into the playoffs. 

I want to give Monique a huge thank you for taking the time to visit with us. I also want to thank her for sending in such a large assortment of pictures to go along with the interview. Pictures definitely make the post more appealing. 

If you want to find out more about Monique, you should definitely check out her website: Miss Vacon. It's a great way to follow along with her on her Miss Bay State journey. 

I wish Monique luck as she completes her year as Miss Bay Sate. And, maybe when she's working with her successor she'll mention the best section in Fenway.

Thanks again Monique!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week