Friday, February 17, 2017

Opening Day Celebrations!

I know I’ve talked about this before. But, the very fact that I have the chance to keep talking about it shows how incredible it is that I can keep talking about it.

Did that make any sense?

But, you probably remember that the Patriots won the Super Bowl a couple weeks ago. As new champions, they’ve been doing their victory tours. Visits to Disney World. Championship parades. The talk show circuit. Autograph appearances. Those are all ways to bask in the glory that comes with winning it all.

The appearances that I love the most are when they get to visit other Boston sports teams for pre-game celebrations. Just the other day, the Patriots visited the Bruins for the ceremonial puck drop. It gives them another chance for Boston fans to adore them.

Of course, the appearance I’m most interested in is the visit to Fenway Park. The timing of the baseball seasons means that they can wait a bit before having a ceremony for the Pats, allowing the celebrations to stretch out a bit. That means I fully expect a ceremony on Opening Day.

Nobody does a celebration like the Red Sox, and they’ve had plenty of chances to practice when it comes to inviting other teams to their party. This would, as we know, be the fifth time the Pats have made the visit. From the first time when just about every member of the team surprised us be coming out from under the giant flag in left, to the most recent time when the four member of the organization with four rings came to say hello. I’m sure the Sox are working on something special.

What’s interesting to me is that the Sox probably had some sort of ceremony in mind for David Ortiz. With this being his first year of retirement, I’d be amazed if the Sox weren’t already planning on having him at least throw out the first pitch. So, will the Sox add him to the Patriots party? Have Brady throw the first pitch to Ortiz again? Will they just have Ortiz come to home game two in order to spread the wealth?

However they do it, I’m sure it will be a memorable occasion. I can’t wait to see what they come up with.


How do you think it will go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week