Thursday, February 9, 2017

From the Pedro Binder



2003 Victory

Usually when I do these posts, I only show the front of the card. I figure that's the important part. It's also usually the most interesting. In this case I decided to show both sides. Not because I think they both deserve to be displayed.

But because I can't really decide which one is the front.

By all accounts, the top picture should be the back. He has all the characteristics of a card back. It has the number. It has statistics. It has the logos and copyright information. It just screams "back."

But...the other side doesn't exactly scream "front" does it?

It has this tiny picture. It has this colorful design. It has a logo and a name. 

This does not look like a place the company expect me to focus my attention. 

The card has rounded corners, like a playing card. And, that's the impression I get when looking at the card "front." It has the feel of a playing card back. I expect to flip the card over and see and ace.

Which, of course, is exactly what I do with this card.

So, maybe that is supposed to be the back? I'm so confused.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think the top picture is the back. I just want to know why it says "srikeout" in big letters on the back. Proofreading loss.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week