Sunday, October 31, 2010

BOO!

Scared you!


Happy Halloween to everyone out there in Red Sox nation. It’s on a day like today that I really wish a couple things about the Red Sox teams of the past. Seeing Freddy Sanchez play in the World Series for San Francisco makes me remember the time he spent with the Red Sox in 2003 and 2004. He was quite the up and comer, as validated by his eventual NL batting title. It makes me wonder if the Red Sox could use him more than they used Jeff Suppan. It also makes me wish he were on the Red Sox in the late seventies. That way, if there was a rundown between third and home and Sanchez had to throw the ball to Rick Kreuger to maker a play, the play would have gone Freddy-Kreuger. As long as I’m wishing for things, I wish that Red Sox catcher Frank Owens had hung on a little bit longer with the team. A few years later, pitcher Charley Hall joined the team. Yup, that would have created the Hall-Owens battery.


OK. I’m sorry about that. I hope everyone has a great time trick-or-treating today. (Or, if you’re one of those weird places that has already done it…I hope you had fun) I wonder if Theo will dress up as the GM of a playoff team when he goes out with his son.


If anyone sees any great Red Sox themed costumes out there, feel free to send along a picture. I’m sure we’d all love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week